Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

You can see the fps, by bringing the console down (~ key), typing in fps 1 and hitting enter. Get rid of the console again with the ~ key again. The fps should display in the upper left corner.
Patreon
Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Expert

Default Reaver Two-Handed Mastery not working with bows

This is probably not a bug, but I'm mentioning it here in case it's an oversight:

The Reaver's Two-Handed Mastery doesn't seem to affect bows, which are also two-handed. If it's intentional, perhaps the skill help should read, "Improves combat performance with two-handed melee weapons."
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite

Even though bows take two hands, they're typically considered separate in these kinds of games. But I'd also like to know if they, and staves for that matter, are considered 2H weapons in this game.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
No worries. I'm not for pissin' contests either. Anyone with a decent pocket calculator can whoop my video card's performance.
LOL that's hilarious. Well my card is none too hot either (Intel GMA X3100), and I agree with you on all points.

Shadow, I appreciate that you made the anti-magic and similar effects less demanding with patch 1.012, but now they also look less obvious. Sometimes I start trying to cast spells because I don't notice the effect. I'd suggest instead making their quality an option in the video settings, so players with fast computers can see them how they were. For the lowest setting, I'd suggest replacing the effect with something entirely different and more obvious, rather than toning the current effect down to the point of it being less obvious.

Last edited by Nobear : 01-03-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Expert

Quote:
I think the frequent explosions modifier only affects how common explosive barrels are, possibly gas leaks too, but things limited to fire. Correct me if I'm wrong. The arcane explosions are just something you have to be very careful with as a wizard since you've got all these AOE spells that can easily set things off if you're not paying very close attention.
I know about the barrels, mushrooms, and arcane clouds. I've also seen those little bombs that the demons drop, but I can't figure out the source for these random arcane explosions that follow a fireball, dropping all enemies and damaging my wizard. Could it be an explosion from a demon dying or something?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Elite

Descended to a level of the dungeon full of undead, liches and plaguebringers today and spotted two issues. First up, when an undead trumpeter is raised from the dead by the lich it becomes an "undead undead trumpeter" and is reskinned with the "raised dead" skin. Second, an undead plaguebringer larva presumably raised by a lich still decided to attack (and kill) it. I thought once a monster was raised as undead it allied with the normal undead?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Elite

I think the undead undead stuff is classic and should be kept, but that's just me. It takes me back to the days of Doom II. Since the boss of Doom was The Spider Mastermind, and he was reintroduced as a normal enemy in Doom II, when one killed you it would read "You were killed by a The Spider Mastermind."

Or from WoW: "Enraged Earth Elemental becomes Enraged!"

Last edited by Nobear : 01-03-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanokeKeeper View Post
I know about the barrels, mushrooms, and arcane clouds. I've also seen those little bombs that the demons drop, but I can't figure out the source for these random arcane explosions that follow a fireball, dropping all enemies and damaging my wizard. Could it be an explosion from a demon dying or something?
Shouldn't be a demon itself. It could possibly be the rylor bombs.
Patreon
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Elite

The quest "Avenge the death of Mauve's son" says to talk to Mauve in town when the quest is completed. I forget where I picked that quest up, but Mauve is certainly not in town. I looked all over town multiple times to account for her possibly being a wanderer or standing outside; I didn't just look inside houses. There was a barbarian invasion so Mauve may have been wiped out, but in that case the quest should have failed. Either that or Mauve is in the dungeon and the quest text is wrong.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Champion

Not so much related to 1.012 but I've always had a problem with summoned skeletons. Often they don't take healing items so I waste food and potions on them. It seems random. The icon for food doesn't appear and/or no health is gained. The sounds works fine.

Also, I've seen my Raised Skeleton use a healthstone! WOOOO! But not the archer...