Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Legend

The druid's mana bonus per spirit doesn't work because of a typo in skills.gdb (search for 'SprSpr').

Also, in global.trn, PowerBonus should be translated to 'Mana Bonus' but was accidentally left as 'Power Bonus'.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Champion

For the warden class, when casting energy shield, the status icon displayed (under the character health/mana bars) is the icon for magical deflection.

Last edited by Maledictus : 03-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Expert

Just died, was hitting the floor when I hit the teleport stone.

Body made it to town, soulstone is lord knows where and I wasted a teleport.

Should make it that once you die, you're dead. No wasting of potions, food or teleport stones.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 AM
Amateur

This is not really a bug specifically for DW .022 (since it was also present in straight DC .010), but it's been bugging me because it really is exploitable.

Item stat requirements

An item that that has stat reqs will stop you from putting it on if you don't meet the reqs, and rightly so.
However, if you trade out an item that gives you the reqs for an item that drops you below reqs, it'll allow you to keep using it once it's equipped, rather than kicking it off because you're below reqs.
Also, stat potions can be used in similar fashion to take you up to stat reqs, then you can equip the item and just let the potion time run out and the item stays equipped and usable (unless you take it off).

It's just something that's bugged me for awhile now.
Various other Action/RPG games that I have played, that have stat reqs for items, kick them off once you no longer meet the stat reqs.

I mean, really, I just shouldn't be able to run around with Sure Kill, just because my previous bow took me above the DEX req before switching to Sure Kill.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=118

Sure Kill
Horn Composite Bow
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Bow
Durability 89 / 89
Two-handed
60 to 193 Damage Speed 1.00
126.5 damage per second

+12 Vitality
+125 Attack
+27 Max Damage
+204% Critical Hit
+255% Crushing Blow
+204% Magic Critical Hit
+255% Magic Crushing Blow
+95% damage
Requires 112 Strength
Requires 225 Dexterity

Requires weapon skill: Bow
Sell value: 31SP 76CP
Retail value: 6GP 35SP 33CP
Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Legend

Agree with the item stat exploit. This really should be addressed in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Champion

Shadow's justification for this loophole is that it would really stink to have half your armor non-functional and also be fighting barehanded every time you hit a Curse trap with barely-adequate stats. It's supposed to be a curse, not a death sentence.

Perhaps a compromise? As with traps, reduce weapon/hard armor effectiveness (both DPS/AC and enchants) by 5% for every stat point shortfall (every two points for two-prerequisite weapon types) from the needed amount, subject to a cap (50%?).

To be fair, this same system should be applied to soft armor and jewelry at 5%/level shortfall, allowing some of the benefit of these items despite their oft-excessive level requirements. I get tired of finding loot that needs +10-15 to both the town level and my level.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Legend

Another solution would be to make it such that temporary status effects (like curses) that reduce your stats don't prevent you from using items, whereas things that affect stats directly (like items) do prevent you from using them.

On the other hand, positive status effects (like giant obelisks) should allow you to equip better equipment, but only temporarily -- your stats take precedence once it's over.

To summarize: negative effects apply from items, but not from status effects. Positive effects apply from both items and status effects. Every time a positive status effect ends or an item is equipped/unequipped, all equipment should be checked for its requirements.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Elite

I don't think items should be kicked off, just nerfed or disabled. If yor inventory is full you wouldn't want all your best items spilling all over the ground. In the time it would take to reorg inventory to grab the items, someone else could grab them leading to the type of not-cooperative play I think we'd all like to discourage.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Amateur

Well, it's not really that I want it to be knocked off if stats don't meet the reqs, particularly during combat or just traveling around the dungeon.
As stated by others, that could not only prove hazardous to ones health, but could also lead to dissension in the ranks of co-op players.

More of what I was getting at though, was one really shouldn't be able to switch them out like that, if stats are boosted by the previous item to make the req and/or by stat potions.

Like it is if we don't meet the req in the first place, we should be stopped from putting it on, or at the very least, disable it so it can't be used if the reqs aren't met.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Legend

Yeah I think disabling the item is a good idea. There should be an icon on the side like the broken item icon, to let you know about the problem.