Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 AM
LordBlackangel LordBlackangel is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magitek View Post
I don't play much single player. I play with one or two usually.
Sometimes there isn't a great deal of a space, but you have potions, food and skills to mitigate in these circumstance, or draw opponents into a different area if you must.
I rarely get hit by projectiles simply by moving around, even in coop. All those years of Diablo 2 finally paid off, I swear
I hear you. But something that needs to be described with the addition of "if you must" is by definition not fun. I could go into more detail, but I think this can be better summed in the link posted earlier by Archon here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
Interesting thread.

But please, please do not nerf cave-ins any more!
This thread, and the criticism within, has shown me that many people find the frequency and damage levels just fine, whereas others don't. YMMV. Since there is a mod to disable cave-in's it's unlikely that Shadow will nerf them any more than he already has. However, it's still good for him to hear feedback one way or the other on what people like, don't like, and why.

In terms of cave-in damage I don't have a major concern, but when I'm playing with other players who's health levels aren't as high as mine every cave-in could equate to instant death, which is not fun. Without more information on how the damage level of a cave-in is generated it's hard to speculate further in terms of damage. As far as radius, the same gripes appear to be limited to multiplayer games where one person is already well inside the radius of where the cave-in will drop when another player triggers the panel. The result of this is that the person who triggered it is close to the edge (and can thus escape) whereas the other character is too far inside to escape in time.

Thanks for the interest in the thread and be sure to chime in on the other topics mentioned if you have any input.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-31-2010, 05:14 AM
Kruztee's Avatar
Kruztee Kruztee is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBlackangel View Post
In terms of cave-in damage I don't have a major concern, but when I'm playing with other players who's health levels aren't as high as mine every cave-in could equate to instant death, which is not fun. Without more information on how the damage level of a cave-in is generated it's hard to speculate further in terms of damage. As far as radius, the same gripes appear to be limited to multiplayer games where one person is already well inside the radius of where the cave-in will drop when another player triggers the panel. The result of this is that the person who triggered it is close to the edge (and can thus escape) whereas the other character is too far inside to escape in time
I'm a predominantly single player gamer. Co-op is not particularly fun or stable for me.

Having said that, if I get killed by a cave-in, then 98% of the time it was my fault. Either by not playing cautiously enough or taking a calculated risk and then having it not pay off. Either way, even if you get caught in one, there's very little chance of it killing you now (post-nerf), unless you're playing a very flimsy, cloth clad mage-type (and these guys SHOULD get 1-hit KO'd by cave-ins). This assumes that you're adventuring at your own level. In a dungeon that is significantly higher level than your character, then you have to expect that things aren't always going to be rosy.

Every now and then (this is the 2% of cave-in deaths left over from above) there's just an epic cave-in that flattens just about everything on the level. You get caught in one of those suckers and you're going to die. I always tend to think it's pretty awesome to see one of those. If you're playing hardcore, then hey - what a way to go! If not, then suck it up and go and collect that soulstone. No one ever said that the path to redemption was easy.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Oasisbhrnw Oasisbhrnw is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Default

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think the Stairs that lead to the next level of the dungeon as well as the dungeon gates back to town should show up as something other than blue dots after you find them. I dislike it when I need to get out of a dungeon and I know I've been to the gate but I'm not sure which blue dot it is.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Archon Archon is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 126
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasisbhrnw View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think the Stairs that lead to the next level of the dungeon as well as the dungeon gates back to town should show up as something other than blue dots after you find them. I dislike it when I need to get out of a dungeon and I know I've been to the gate but I'm not sure which blue dot it is.
That is a really good idea for a quick find on the world map instead of hovering the mouse over each blue dot.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
PixelLord's Avatar
PixelLord PixelLord is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
Every now and then (this is the 2% of cave-in deaths left over from above) there's just an epic cave-in that flattens just about everything on the level. You get caught in one of those suckers and you're going to die. I always tend to think it's pretty awesome to see one of those. If you're playing hardcore, then hey - what a way to go! If not, then suck it up and go and collect that soulstone. No one ever said that the path to redemption was easy.
Just hit your health potion hotkey while the rocks a falling on your head. (I have NEVER been able to do this BTW!)
__________________
Stephen A. Hornback
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Oasisbhrnw Oasisbhrnw is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Default

I failed a few quests in a town pretty quick so my quest space filled up and stayed that way as i didn't realize I had to manually decline failed quests. Perhaps failed quests should be cleared out of your active quest log automatically and get put in a failed quests tab?

Edit: Obviously it's nothing difficult to do once you get used to it. I just thought for new players it would be more intuitive.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Bak's Avatar
Bak Bak is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 259
Default Reputation awards

I realize that the items awarded for reaching a new reputation award are largely random, but perhaps that can be tweaked? (Not entirely random, as I haven't gotten mail/plate when my char can only use leather.)

Char got Ciglio's Belt, which I promptly sold since it was inferior to the currently used belt. Next reputation level, got another Ciglio Belt. And it was inferior to the previous one that I didn't want. 3rd level, got an orange-buffed Greed Gloves. (Greed is good!) 4th level, got Greed Gloves again, but inferior to the ones being used.

Maybe make it that the same item doesn't get awarded twice? Perhaps a different Ciglio item instead of the Belt, or require that the 2nd awarded Gloves can't be Greed?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Amberjoy's Avatar
Amberjoy Amberjoy is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calif.
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
I realize that the items awarded for reaching a new reputation award are largely random, but perhaps that can be tweaked? (Not entirely random, as I haven't gotten mail/plate when my char can only use leather.)

Char got Ciglio's Belt, which I promptly sold since it was inferior to the currently used belt. Next reputation level, got another Ciglio Belt. And it was inferior to the previous one that I didn't want. 3rd level, got an orange-buffed Greed Gloves. (Greed is good!) 4th level, got Greed Gloves again, but inferior to the ones being used.

Maybe make it that the same item doesn't get awarded twice? Perhaps a different Ciglio item instead of the Belt, or require that the 2nd awarded Gloves can't be Greed?
Not a bad idea. I've gotten 4 Ciglio (sp?) vests (or was it robes?) I put one in my 'shared' chest and sold the rest as they were all less than what I was wearing. The one in the shared chest I use on new characters I try out.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Bak's Avatar
Bak Bak is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Not a bad idea. I've gotten 4 Ciglio (sp?) vests (or was it robes?) I put one in my 'shared' chest and sold the rest as they were all less than what I was wearing. The one in the shared chest I use on new characters I try out.
Or maybe create a new necklace called "Ciglio's Tie", and have Din give that to you every Christmas instead of the gift you wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
DeathKnight1728's Avatar
DeathKnight1728 DeathKnight1728 is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Joisey
Posts: 1,074
Default

I know that this isnt the right forum, but how is the expansion coming along? I can't wait until it starts getting to the point where there are major updates
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.