Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default Hooked Gamers Demon War review

We have another good review of Din's Curse: Demon War over on Hooked Gamers. They gave it an 8.4. Quote: What I particularly enjoy about Dinís Curse is the feeling of constant peril caused by traps in each dungeon and the constantly evolving world which can see any number of events randomly occurring at any time.
Patreon
Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Champion

Again, a nice read. Good question though; why is there no blood? Some severed limbs and blood splatters would do wonders for immersion.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledictus View Post
Again, a nice read. Good question though; why is there no blood? Some severed limbs and blood splatters would do wonders for immersion.
For the most part we've always aimed towards a teen type of rating. Body parts and too much blood tends to get you knocked up to a mature rating pretty quickly.
Patreon
Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Amateur

Thanks for posting the review

I must say that I was never thrown out of the immersion of the game by thinking "not enough body parts flying, this is not right"

What breaks the immersion of the game more than anything is trying to figure out where the *&^% creature is that is attacking my town, such a little town and sooo hard to find when you'd think in "real life" it'd be obvious which way they are That is one of the situations where i break from game playing and start thinking of the developers (in non elogious terms when a NPC dies due to my incapacity of finding a huge monster in a 4x4 house town... all in all not a big gripe)

http://www.iphi.net
Old 03-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphigenie View Post
What breaks the immersion of the game more than anything is trying to figure out where the *&^% creature is that is attacking my town, such a little town and sooo hard to find when you'd think in "real life"
If you look at the NPCs in the town, they will generally turn to face the direction there is fighting
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Amateur

this is one of these "doh" moments. Thanks.

Picking my way through these forums reading up I dont think I am always playing the same game - screenshots show things I have never seen (could be mods) and someone mentioned a town armory etc.

Will read and search and experiment - but think I made my life difficult with an archer...

http://www.iphi.net
Old 03-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Elite

There is a town armory. Talk to the Warmaster then press the "equipment" button. The townsfolk can wear chest armor, gloves, boots, and leggings that are made of either cloth or leather. If you deposit any non-cursed items of that type into the armory box, the Warmaster will give the equipment to an NPC (he keeps the best stuff for himself) and will help protect them in town invasions. If you deposit an item they can't wear or a weapon into the armory, it gets converted to cash and placed in the lottery fund, where hopefully some poverty-stricken townie will win it.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphigenie View Post
this is one of these "doh" moments. Thanks.

Picking my way through these forums reading up I dont think I am always playing the same game - screenshots show things I have never seen (could be mods) and someone mentioned a town armory etc.

Will read and search and experiment - but think I made my life difficult with an archer...
There's also a help site (I created) to help new players. There are sections giving hints (like the townies facing the attacking monsters) and much more. There is a lot of information there to help make playing the game more fun. The site is here:

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id71.html