Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Amateur

I think the bug is the fact that the stats are getting doubled.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Amateur

Though the last post of this thread is already a bit older, i would like to revive that discussion.
I can confirm what the OP noticed at least for battle scanners and power plants.
So far i basically doubled the stats of 15 battle scanners and power plants.
I always upgraded my battle scanners and power plants from very rare to elite by chipping it once and doubled the stats.
This was done either with naturally founded items (very rare and at least one chip slot) or enchanced items (initially rare and became very rare but enchancing it with one chip slot).

@Tuidjy
Perhaps you already found out but the reason why you donīt obtain double stats is very likely that you enchance your items until legendary. So far i never saw stat doubling when you slot a chip to an already legendary item.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Amateur

Consistent doubling of stats can only be achieved by chipping a very rare component.
Which means you either have a very rare component with a socket, or you have to add a socket to a rare item via the Utopian's race service. Using the Utopian's service successfully always adds one socket. Additionally it changes its rarity one step, resulting in a very rare item with a socket, if you start with a rare item.

It should be noted though, that not all components get bonuses from this method. It definetely works with armor, structure items, shields and drives.

All those pretty numbers don't mean a thing on computers, attack+radar items, defense items, energy regen items and attack items. You'll only getting the pre-doubling bonuses on those.

Haven't tested weapons of any kind, structure and armor regen items and skill items.

Last edited by 10th : 07-18-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: text in italics is false
Old 07-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Elite

All those pretty numbers don't mean a thing on computers,

Actually, I have gotten the doubling bonus exactly once, on a computer. I will make an effort to post a screenshot, but I am not sure that I still have that particular component mounted on a ship.

I have resisted looking into this, now that I know it's a bug. Still, it looks like a great way to boost early power.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite

Here is a computer that doubled its stats when my ship was level 25 or so. The ship is level 60, and this is still its best computer.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Amateur

Forget what I said regarding the whole doubling process and thing not working, it was probably some display bug.

Though I definetely remember that it didn't work 2 days before, dunno what's up with that.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Amateur

OK, I just had it happen. I doubled the regen stat of a battery from 3 to 6 energy per second and it didn't seem to work. As it only displayed 1 more energy regen - it replaced a 2 energy regen component.

But exiting the game and reloading the save results in the correct energy number being displayed.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Amateur

Actually this bug can be triggered intentionally. And the items can get up to 4 x of the original value (1 x original value is added at every step. Example: A Item with 100 shield regen has after the 3 doubling steps 400 shield regen).

The bug has a disadvantage. Everytime, when it is triggered, you loose one place for a slot on the item. Every item can have up to 7 slots. A full bugged item is at 4 slots at legendary and thus maxed. The bug doubles not weapons and most items with white stats, but the places for slots are lost on all kinds of items! I suggest to test it with worthless items and chips before using valuable items and chips.

This bug can (and will) also be triggered unintentionally during chipping of many not legendary items. If you dont want to trigger it (especialy due slot loss!), ensure to have items slotted until legendary before you begin with chipping!

The steps are easy.

1. Get a grey item without extras or a green item with ONE extra (skip step 2 then!,... but beware, some green items may have hidden stats like "reduce powerload", if it turns orange (elite) on step 3, it had such hidden stat and its stat can now only be tripled).
2. Add ONE slot and add ONE chip (can be any kind of chip).
3. Add now TREE slots.
4. Add ONE (!!!) Chip (can be anykind of chip). The Chip adds now 100% of original stat value of item (some kinds of items sometimes or allways a bit less,.. reasons are not known).
5. Save and exit the game. Enter again and repeat with next Chip. Save and exit after every chip including the last.
6. Item is now ready.

I like this bug and i use it currently to power up my ship a bit more . My best powerplant allows a bit more than 12.000 powerload.

This works not on armor, but armor can be doubled with lithosoid skill and then multiplicated with the durability chip. The lithosoid double the original armor value. The outcome after lithosoid depends not on armor level or structure requirement! It depends only on the armor of the respective item.

Edit 06.08.2014: One additional warning. I just had to pay 18.000.000 repair costs for repair all, because i did not repair 5 items before maxing with this method. Ok, for me its not that bad, but many others would probably have big problems with it. The most valuable items (resists) had a value of more than 80.000.000 and caused repair costs of up to 5.000.000 each... and this despite the fact, that they had all unbreakable chips!!! To avoid such ridiculous costs or the lost of the functionality of the repair all button, i suggest to repair item before chipping and doubling and to think about if it would maybe be better to add a unbreakable chip. And if you ever forget it,... go to dryad, they have much cheaper repair costs.... i never thought, that i would be so happy about the dryad special.

Last edited by Kohlenstoff : 08-06-2014 at 08:41 PM.