Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Amateur

Default No Rebel ships for Reaper/Infection?

I've been going on a binge playing all of the challenges and doing six races-tiny sectors unlocking all of the subraces. Several times now reaper and infection are appearing on scavenger planets but no rebel ships are appearing for the quest, although if I hold my cursor over the system name it says there are quests for both helping and stopping them.
I've had enough control over the planets to guarantee that there are no other civil unrest or diseases on the planet, and attempting to deliver guerrilla weapons or robotic soldiers doesn't solve the quest. I've also attempted to start civil unrest after they have emerged but the rebels that appear are the generic ones, not sub-race specific.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? If I wait long enough, would the just automatically emerge?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite

I seldom help rebels, but it may be telling that in all the time I have played, I have never seen a subrace empire split into two. For all we know, subrace rebels never triumph, the same way that AIs never win their freedom from anyone but the humans.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Amateur

I actually think I've figured out what is going on. I was killing a super boss that had spawned near a rebel in the system and while I was fighting it a group of Legion Lords targeted and killed the rebels. In another system Quakes were targeting them as well.
As I understand it, wasn't patch 1.011 and 1.016 supposed to fix this?
I'll see if I can get some screen shots of it happening.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Amateur

All right I have a screenshot of a random rebel being directly targeted by other mobs. I did manage to get reapers today, so for pirates/infection it looks like I'm going to need to be lucky enough for them to also spawn in a safe spot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0003.jpg (89.9 KB, 21 views)