Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative 2 > Drox Operative 2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2021, 12:21 PM
Amateur

Thumbs down Bug (possibly) - Nation A bribed Nation B while at war and with 0.

Nation A was at war with Nation B. Both nations had 0 relation points in both directions.
Nation A bribed Nation B to break some of its beneficial treaties with nations with positive attitude towards each other.

Either this is a bug or very big omission.
In my case Caracaris bribed Sadakmok to break agrements with drox and drayad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A.jpg (15.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg B.jpg (14.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg C.jpg (47.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Elite

Honestly, that mighta just been a bad case of stupidity & greed on the Sadamok's part... :P
Old 10-30-2021, 04:09 PM
Amateur

I can understand stupidity part to some extend - but this type of behaviour is producing practically free for all war every time i spend significant time in one sector.

Doesn't matter how good relations i try to build between races. How quickly it happens depends on how many races there are in the sector. The more races the quicker sector devolve into pure anarchy.

Kind of counterproductive when i want to finish with alliances victory, stupidity level which is immersion breaking, gameplay wise irritating because quite quickly i can only trade with few races and making quests for anyone else quickly piss off the few remaining ones.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:23 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood View Post
I can understand stupidity part to some extend - but this type of behaviour is producing practically free for all war every time i spend significant time in one sector.

Doesn't matter how good relations i try to build between races. How quickly it happens depends on how many races there are in the sector. The more races the quicker sector devolve into pure anarchy.

Kind of counterproductive when i want to finish with alliances victory, stupidity level which is immersion breaking, gameplay wise irritating because quite quickly i can only trade with few races and making quests for anyone else quickly piss off the few remaining ones.
Totally sympathize with ya here. The way I tend to deal with this is to Ally with the first 2 Races I find that are willing to be decently amicable with me & each other, then blow up the rest. (Both the 2 Races ya allied with also at War with the same blokes cause of your Mutual Protection Pact or greater, then blowing up the enemies & their Planets also keeps your eventual 3 way Alliance fed with good Karma. Keep the NPC Races distracted on their 'mutual Enemy', they tend to do less acting petty.)