Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by getter77 View Post
-Still an issue with starting modifier indicators enmeshing with the screen border...the word "Low" in this case.
I have this one too, in case you're the only one who's reported it and Shadow needs confirmation that it isn't just your game doing it.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
I have this one too, in case you're the only one who's reported it and Shadow needs confirmation that it isn't just your game doing it.
Only other bit I can offer on it is my running the game Windowed ever since my post about, somehow or another, it not playing nicely using 2 monitors right at the start of beta.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by getter77 View Post
Only other bit I can offer on it is my running the game Windowed ever since my post about, somehow or another, it not playing nicely using 2 monitors right at the start of beta.
This was when you are running the game and you click on the other monitor, the game minimizes issue, right? Most games I have played do the same thing. Have you played any that don't exhibit this behavior?
Patreon
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
This was when you are running the game and you click on the other monitor, the game minimizes issue, right? Most games I have played do the same thing. Have you played any that don't exhibit this behavior?
I really should test that out more, Din's was the first to try on it. I'd reckon there's gotta be some trick to it, configure or software wise, else it destroys my notion of having one screen for heavy use while I use another to read/take notes in terms of the lot of it----as it is unwieldy so often alt-tab, min/max'ing back and forth.

1280x960 window for Din's.

More stuff tied into said "destroyed town" acting up:

-It would seem to be possible to click on the "exit to next town crown" while being inside the dungeon as opposed to only in town.

-Treasure hunting quests not giving any reputation" post-save" upon completion in this area! ( Had like 3-4 too)

-Found a Death note containing nothing but gibberish.

-Impossible quest end for town of Portus...the destroyed place. Never came across a Steward quest at all...just the one seemingly townsperson rescue quest that I prevailed in, but, he never showed up in town since the quest "giver" was to be the elusive Steward. Found some various vendors in the dungeon and had a few visitors, but nothing to grow the town beyond the sole Warmaster and Din standing around. Fully mapped all 13 floors. Here's the save...this shocky character seems to be attracting all kinds of strangeness.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shockyimpossiblegetter77.zip (38.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Expert

Default random frustrating stuff

There was a save a person quest that ended in a ambush of 8-14 mages that spawned around me. It took them two turns for them kill me. I couldn't move because I was instantly surrounded. In Angband it would be a situation for a phase door scroll. There isn't much to do at the moment in Din's Curse. Short range teleport and knockback skills would be useful. Enemies could run in instead of just appearing.

gang zap

Main quest givers getting killed in town stops quest progress completely. Considering how fast unique enemies go through villagers it gets pretty frustrating. Walking back with no stamina also doesn't help. Maybe a delay between the announcement of an attack and the actual attack would work. Town Portal scrolls could also help too.

It seems like flame weapons light barrels and doors on fire. Its neat but slows progress down sometimes. Its fun in some situations.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Champion

-Impossible to "leave" the town from yesterday after applying patch...all done as before save the impossible Steward bit but the exit "crown" is gone outright.

-Took gate down to dlvl 13...appeared in a different location than said gate.

Looks like time to start a new character for the patch in this case, here's the save for the above current state:
Attached Files
File Type: zip shockyexitlessgetter77.zip (38.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Champion

-Din says I "saved another town"...despite this being the starting town of the character.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Elite

I had a minor issue which corrected itself, interestingly enough. I opened the door to a lesser vault and was unable to reach any of the chest because the town gate was directly in front of the door. I took the gate up and when I decided to go back down, the gate had moved a short ways further into the room, allowing me to collect the money from the previously inaccessible chests. I have a pair of before and after screens if necessary, by the way.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Champion

-Had an instance where a Champ Wampir got somehow elevated/stuck in a wall near an NPC rescue....no attacks of mine could hit it so that was a failed rescue, Popping back up to town somehow freed him while all my running around casting didn't.

-Summoning trap triggered despite nobody walking over it, or anywhere else, at the time while a good distance from it.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Elite

It appears that all Scree monsters are level 1 regardless of the game settings. At first I thought it might be intentional, but it still seems rather odd.

I also feel that Blots do a bit more damage than I would expect such a tiny little guy to inflict. That's just the opinion of a rogue not wanting to take much damage in the first place though.