Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative 2 > Drox Operative 2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Expert

Default Version 0.800.Bugs i found so far

1-it not a bug but mostly a misviewed thing(it was also in expansion to Drox 1) of ancient races-when they expand they empires, their planets/ships wont been attacked by monster ships.
2- as i started a first run i meet few races including Zarlok, after some exploring and quests for ancient, i meet bunch of other races which at war with ancient and me on that matter.
Fist bug-when i wasn't at war with ancient race few of their planetary defence ships fire at me with no reason.
Second bug- when Zarlok eventually turn they weapon on me, i start clearing this sector from this ancient race, and after some time even if i have enough relation to make peace treaty with anti-ancient races- i cant do that, game shows that i have trade with that race going on but peace treaty don't happened.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Amateur

When using the "find enemy" option on a kill target, I was able to type into the way-point after hovering over with the mouse. (The garbage text was from backspacing over the creatures name) Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/fsMPqpm
Old 06-02-2020, 07:33 AM
Elite

Shadow, what's the best way for everyone to get bugs to you? There's this forum, the Steam forums, the Discord server, email... others? Not sure if the overhead of Mantis, Trello, etc. is worth it at this point for you and your process, though even just the consolidation is attractive.

The ship speed and plasma projectile weapons are both great right out of the gate (and I pretty much never played with aimed projectiles in Drox1).

Here are some issues, mostly obvious:

Player ship is moving smoothly, but enemy ships have a little "jump ahead" blip once a second or so.
- Plasma cannon shots seem to have a similar issue, though it may be a different loop issue

Planet statuses - hovering over the icon, the icon in the popup is larger than the box if there are less than 3 lines of text

Mouseover of starlanes on the map screen duplicate the system name.

Rizak planet > Status - too many lines to fit the window.

I destroyed all of the Rizak planets in my starting system, yet the colors of the system name and map screen indicate that Rizak is still present in the system, though they aren't occupying any planets.

Many planet sub-screens only blank out the title when you click outside of them (paused), instead of dismissing the window
- Status
- Sabatoge/Propaganda/Espionage/Rumor

Untranslated string: CollisionDamageOffense

When the minimap is over a bright white background (e.g. system's star), the edges of the explored fog of war are splotchy. This isn't (usually) apparent when over darker backgrounds.

I feel like the fastest planet/atmosphere rotation speed should be a little slower, some of them are really hauling currently.

Enemy planets block shots to enemy ships on the other side, not sure if it's possible to make the planet only directly targetable if there are other ships around. This may be intentional too.

On the race trade screens, Vassal, Tributary and Protectorate need descriptions

Many (all?) planet anomaly status icons and some of the resulting status icons are missing textures
Old 06-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
Shadow, what's the best way for everyone to get bugs to you? There's this forum, the Steam forums, the Discord server, email... others? Not sure if the overhead of Mantis, Trello, etc. is worth it at this point for you and your process, though even just the consolidation is attractive.
Right now, these forums or the Steam forums are the best. I need to get caught up on Discord and stay caught so that will hopefully also be good place for feedback.
Patreon
Old 06-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Right now, these forums or the Steam forums are the best. I need to get caught up on Discord and stay caught so that will hopefully also be good place for feedback.
You don't really need to get caught up -- feel free to jump to the latest discussions. We have a #bugs channel and a #suggestions channel, which are now used for Drox2. We also have a #drox/drox2 channel, where only the last couple of days are relevant.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:01 AM
Elite

Zooming in makes shield/energy/etc bars above your ship bigger too, which looks very odd.

If we could prevent all system-level modifiers in the starting system if it's below level 2 or something, that'd be a really good idea. (Or whitelist only positive/less annoying modifiers.) My first ship started in a system that had the Illusion modifier and having like 80% of all interactable items in space spawning a bunch of enemies was... not great. This would be a really annoying thing to happen to a new player who didn't understand the sector- and system-level modifiers yet. (I do enjoy the fact that I can shoot through the "holograms" to identify them ahead of time, but that took a while to figure out and may not always work depending on your loadout.)

If there's not already, there should be a help topic about taking damage from running into enemy ships, as it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that's why I was taking so much damage in certain situations. (This is also the perfect place to introduce the concept of the ramming component.)

Main screen help overlay shows right click slots in the old location.

Crew penalty popup text overlaps the icon.

Untranslated string: QuestAnnouncePersonalGift

Consumable items in hotbar: the item level is showing over both the slot number and stack size number, which is very hard to read (especially with "longer" values like III or IV). I've suggested this elsewhere, but I think changing up these consumables to not be "consumables" with a limited number of uses, but strictly cooldown based instead, and not have item levels, but have them auto-upgrade with the level of your character or ship. Having to buy them (and they're very cheap), dealing selling the old ones, and remembering to keep them topped up is just busy work. (My previous suggestion was that you could only have two of the four buffs equipped/available at any given time to introduce some choice/specialization.) If the current system remains as-is, I'd suggest changing up how the item levels are shown to make this more readable.

There are "4x" messages that show up in the text log area that don't really convey much information. It'd be interesting to have those be hoverable or something to help make informed decisions about the state of the sector. ("[Race] has reached the Space Age" was the particular 4x message that triggered this.) Or an entirely additional subscreen with more info on the 4x status of the sector.

"Power Overload" etc icons in the bottom center of the screen show over long text lines.

There are some background tiling issues: One, Two (this one is subtle, a slightly skewed rectangle outline), Three

With just these three races left, allied with Shadow and Human, while sitting at a Shadow planet (no Prona [young race] planets in the system), I bought a well crafted positive rumor about Human, but the text log shows that the rumor affected Prona's view of Human. The positive relationship boost applied to Prona as well, not Shadow. (I did it a few more times with the same result.) I then went to another system that had a Human planet and attempted a well crafted positive rumor about Shadow, and no success or failure is shown in the text log at all. Restarting the game didn't clear this issue up. None of the different types nor trying to select Prona as the target made any difference. I tried at other Human planets the same result as well. Oh, I see there's another race called Diveleon whose hover text is Shadow's, so maybe that's the issue. (Upon reloading, Diveleon is gone but Shadow Rebels is there instead, but still with normal Shadow hover text. But rumors are still spotty, particularly at Shadow planets for Humans.) Screenshot, Save