Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Amateur

Default A way to win?

Is there going to be some way to lift the curse and beat the game? Will it be after you beat a specific number of worlds?

Different endings would be neat as well.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not completely sure how it is going to work yet, but yes I think you will be able to "win". A lot of the progress on your overall win condition is going to be based on reputation.
Patreon
Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Amateur

Is there going to be a final world or challenge? For instance throughout the game there could be hints of "An evil inter-dimensional cult that is going to bring back an ancient evil" or "A group that is planning to kill Din" and your last challenge is to stop their plans. It could be randomly generated what they are trying to accomplish too.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth between thinking that a final encounter seems tacked on and that I would want one final climatic battle before winning. I am open to suggestions on what you guys would like to see.
Patreon
Old 09-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Elite

Some sort of final dungeon seems nice. Maybe one per pure class and one per pairing, with the only noteworthy difference being the final boss monster?

The point being to avoid constraining the ending to class combos which can do well against the selected final boss.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth between thinking that a final encounter seems tacked on and that I would want one final climatic battle before winning. I am open to suggestions on what you guys would like to see.
I'm in favor of some sort of final dungeon. It seems anticlimactic to be doing "just another dungeon", finish it, and then have something pop up telling me I've achieved my target amount of reputation (or whatever determines the win condition).

Another idea: once we've "unlocked" that final dungeon, make it optional. Like, each time I start an adventure with that character, I can choose whether to do a normal dungeon (because I'm close to leveling up and learning some awesome new skill, for instance), or I can choose to "go for the win" and do the final dungeon.

That choice would be especially interesting with a hardcore character...