Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Amateur

Question Share your Wisdom my Friends

Hello,

im new and have so much to learn in this game. Share your Wisdom with me. +I Thought thats a nice Idea for other greenies to look for tipps.^^
I have too some questions:

(im a german member so please dont judge to hard over my english *cough* Yeah i know Germans: to lazy to use more time for english lessons, but playing RPG Games and Spam Forums with there crapy english )

1) Was Shields useless? They live not very Long in Battles only a few Seconds but my Armor was very well in hold damage. + Shields regenerates so slow (around 2 p/s).

2) Crew - i have so much Stored for Equipment changing. I thought about Keep "only" the 12 best in every Ability - wow but thats much^^

3) Inventory - i must run to often back to a Planet or Store to put valuable (sell) or nice (Keep) items in, thats annoing.

4) Secrets: Curios, i found 3 but have no idea where i can found more. After using Google i know now the Blue Wormholes send you in a pocket Dimension thats secrets and some have a Boss inside. I too See some Systems with a $ sign means that here was a Secret?

5) Raiders, Bombers, Fighters, Interceptors. Comes more different Flyer later? Whats the Best one? I love the raiders so far. But i never understud why sometimes the tooltip say that 1 Bomber (same Level, both normal Items) was better then 4 Raider ships?!?

6) I won a Map as Legend (256 Points, the Challenge Mission, Needs level 36, all on war, the right Quadrant). The Herzog appears and Conquer 11 Planets and have 112 Ships (all was "small" ships) much of them dont shot on me only sits and let me kill em +there was so weak.

That was the Point i dislike the game a bit (quantity not Quality battles), every Ship Drops much Items and there was dozens of ships. Feel a bit overwhelmed.

I never do that in other Games bevor, but after the WIN Screen appears i let the Items and ships where they are and leave the Sector. I dont kill all the ships and sort the Items out. Maybe i was rich now if i do otherwise and have nice items, but it was to much and my Itemsbags was so full with Crewmembers.

7) Subraces: every Race have 2 Subraces? But some only 1 playable and 1 Monsterrace right? Or can i later unlock the monsterraces playable too?

8) Hey Developers why not make the Subraces Ships make a bit different?^^ Like other lights or a bit darker, brighter?

9) Exploring Sometimes i which only Exploring the Sector, but two things makes that hard.

1. Mobs^^ (maybe Cloaking Device helps?)
2. I can lost the Map for not Keep an eye on the things
3. MINES!MINES!MINES! Some maps feels to random Generated and was full of Mines. You cant move whitout run in mines and half your fleet was shredded. Oh very nice in BOSS battles. YOU fight an damn hard Boss and this MONSTER fly through mines and they not detonate -.-. But i cant follow him and hunt this Creature for the reason i run in Hordes of other ships and MINES!MINES!MINES!^^

10) Resistences: against (Radiation, Thermal, Kinetic, Explosions, EM) I have equiped Thermal and Kinetic. At the Moment i have so much nice Medium Slot Items that i not able to put a Flak in a Slot. +I have much nice Items in the light Slots so i not able to put a Explosion Resistence in a light one.^^ Whats the best Res Items? I think most enemys use Kinetic and Thermal Weapons very few use EM or Radiation. Yeah and much use rockets (Explosion)^^

11) Weapons: i Switch between Beam and Kinetik weapons in the heavy Slots +1 Fighter Bay. +Sometimes use Virus Weapons or this nice AOE Explosion Radiation Device wohooo.!!!

12) eventually later^^
Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Elite

1) Was Shields useless? They live not very Long in Battles only a few Seconds but my Armor was very well in hold damage. + Shields regenerates so slow (around 2 p/s).

Shields and armor are good against different kinds of damage: for example, explosions do about twice as much damage to armor as they do to shields.

Also, it is much easier/cheaper to make your shields regenerate than it is to repair your armor, especially there are no friendly planets anywhere near. Also, ancient stations fix shields quite quickly for free.

That said, at high levels a single armor component can provide over 8500 hit points, while no shield component provides much more than 2300 hit points, even when boosted by a dynamic frequency generator.

Furthermore, Scavengers/Reapers/Infection can repair armor in combat at rates which no shield user can match.

And finally, there's a lot more interesting medium components than there are heavy components.

In my personal opinion, shields have their place on huge ships with 25+ slots - they are not indispensable, but they can make life easier, and maintenance cheaper. On lower levels, shields are definitely useful.

But on higher levels, and on smaller ships, armor is just better. Sure, you will be extremely vulnerable to mines and missiles. but it is easier to protect yourself from those, than it is to absorb the damage from an enemy armed with thermal weapons.

2) Crew - i have so much Stored for Equipment changing. I thought about Keep "only" the 12 best in every Ability - wow but thats much^^

Even on Command Zero ships, I find that by the time you hit level 60-70, keeping the best three crew per skill is enough to install everything. Given Tactics is too valuable not to max, this only mean 12 slots for crew members, and 10-12 more for medium skill boosting components.

This is getting too long. The rest of the questions will have to wait. Just play, you'll answer them for yourself.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 01-02-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Amateur

Thx for your replay and your right, the most answers i have found myself sometimes in a frustrating way.
The only Problem i have at the Moment is.

1. Armor Repair!!! The Game give the Scavanger, Reaper and Infection a very good Bonus (Overpowered in my Opinion) Armor repair per kill. I think it was to much if a Player was able install more then one Component of this tool, its like cheating. But one tool one a ship would help a lot.

Thank you for your answer i can stop now search a Item give me Armor Per Kill. I thought the other races can find some too.

2. Medium Slots. I Need a lot, there was by far the Best Component Slot Type. The reason i removed shields.

I Plan removing the Thruster from Medium to high and Put 2 shield and the Component give you +Beam and +% Shield on my Ship, + the Shieldmax Boosters (one or 2) in Light Slots i can reach 2200 Shields atm +60% from the Component should give me around 3500 Shields. Problem was for the thruster i must remove a Armor Part -.- im not sure about that, must think about it. At the Moment i say never, but sometimes i wished i have some shields on its very Expensive with Armor only. I come down from over 500k Chash to 350k and Stuck there. +Ist annoing how fast Armor depleats.

Armor Regeneration LOL never worth a try (on my Level +5,xx) was never worth put in any Slot, not even in light ones.^^ Regeneration is unbalanced i have now 3000 Armor and the best Reg was +5 so i must stay and wait 10min for a full Regeneration from my hull. +You never have enough free Slots for Armor reg in any other Slots then eventually light ones.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Expert

It would probably be a good idea in a lot of cases to have both armor and shields, or armor only if shields take up too much space.

That said, it's worth noting that armor uses structure, which is a stat that isn't used for much else.
It's very risky, but going shields-only if you can manage it gives you the benefit of never having to put points in structure, which can be useful in some builds where you won't be bringing that many crew.