Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Amateur

Default Best place to buy Zombasite?

I own all your other games, but have not picked up Zombasite yet. I had assumed that the Soldak website was the best place to buy them, but then I found a thread where it seemed like Din's Curse had fallen behind on Soldak's site and was more up to date on GOG/Steam.

I have no problem paying full price as I am a Linux user and greatly appreciate the Linux support that we get here, but which store is the "primary" platform that would be the most up to date?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

First off sorry for the slow reply, in the least week we've sold our house and moved into an apartment.

I'm not sure there is a best place to buy Zombasite, it mostly just depends on what your needs are. I try to keep our version and the portal versions in sync as much as possible. As for the Din's Curse thing, our version is the latest and greatest, it is just labelled as beta still. Whenever I manage to make it non-beta, it will be the exact same thing just labelled differently.
Patreon
Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM
Amateur

No problem! I hope that the move went well.

Yeah, I saw that Din's Curse had the "beta" update on the site which matches the GOG/Steam versions.

I actually own Depths of Peril on your site, Steam and GOG (yeah...) and noticed things are still a little out of sync there. On Linux everything is in sync at 1.021 (just from the download) while Windows has 1.018 on your site and 1.019 on Steam/GOG. I assume the Linux/Windows differences are due to OS specific updates. Not the end of the world since I haven't done any multiplayer, but it does also mean that I can't find patch notes for any of the later updates.

It looks like Zombasite is in-sync across all platforms, so maybe not the biggest concern.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, it looks like things got out of sync a little when we released the Linux version of some of our older games. In general (at least for our latest game), I release our patch and patches for all of the portals on the same day.
Patreon