Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Expert

Default I don't really like this game.

I don't like the fact that you cant find towns anywhere. How can the game be an action/rpg if there are no merchants to buy stuff. Yeah sure, you can craft but towns would be a better first start.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite

Well, it is a post apocalyptic game. You can buy stuff from the rare merchant, or from the other survivors, but mostly it's about what you scrounge up or make yourself.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Expert

I understand that, but how can this game do anything better than previous game installments? The other games made by creator were great.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdainTheKing View Post
I understand that, but how can this game do anything better than previous game installments? The other games made by creator were great.
I agree with you to an extent, the game feels like its not up to par with others. I'm loving many of the new things like traits, the crafting stuff, the sort of open world feel to areas, interactions with clans, the ability to start and finish quests regardless of where you are etc., but part of me feels like it would have been better as a Zombie game if it was its own thing like Drox Operative. That said, its still in beta so who knows what will change as time goes on. The potential for it being made much better is there, its just a matter of when it'll be fully realized.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Elite

Don't forget that you can also recruit clan members who can craft items for you. My current character is a hunter and I have a bowyer clan member who supplies a steady stream of new bows. At this point, I really don't mind the lack of vendors, since I recruit NPCs who will make me things I need and use my crafting materials to make the other items I have better.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Elite

Yes, I get gems and potions, even some food from my miners, alchemists and farmers. I find this game much easier than Din's Curse, which I never won - my best character died around level 75. I have not gotten this far in Zombasite, but I feel that I will.

Drox, in comparison, was very, very easy. My first hardcore ship never died, and was comfortable at level 130. I had multiple ships survive level 200 OK, and even made it to level 100 with a Command Zero ship.

Zombasite has a lot of room to grow, and its problems, but being too difficult, or keeping resources too scarce is not one of them, in my opinion.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Expert

You see that's where I dont see it. How can you even get past level 20 without hardcore or even worse-with it? Once you get infected the only way I found I could get rid of it was to die, a horrible death usually. When you are infected, you cant even fight against monsters so you cannot progress.

This game seems to be a game for masochists and that is not what I am. I want to play a game that is fun and enjoyable. I dont want something that is going to frustate me.

Why would you even play hardcore in games like this? You cant call a real time action rpg a proper system for hardcore. In turnbased rpg-roguelikes there was always a reason for your character's death. In realtime roguelikes the only reason was that you didnt click a few times right and that is why you died.

You would never be learning anything over why you died. Only that you died and there was absolutely no reason for it.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Elite

You and I seem to be enjoying different things, then. I play hardcore, because without a chance for failure, victory is not particularly sweet.

Currently, I have two live characters, a level 61 and a level 30. The level 61 has a stash of 500-600 health potions, so she is about as worried about zombie infections as she is about global warming. Also, a zombie resistance in the 200-300, I believe.

It has been a long time since I died and did not know why. The last time was actually because I engaged too many smuggler/witch/necromancer enemies at the same time - I used a AoE attack that made them all target me. If I had approached them strategically, gotten clan members to help, and concentrated on one, by demon hunter would be still alive.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Expert

I used health potions before and I do not think they do anything to cure the disease infection. Maybe the zombie resistance amount has something to do with curing it.

Even if I dont play hardcore (which is fine) they should make list of things that can cure it because zombie resistance does nothing as well. I had 65% resistance to it from stats and I still got it from the 1st area that I was trekking to. How can that happen? Can it be that the chance to get infected is not based on what level zombie creature there is. Rather it is on that percentage I had?
Old 12-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Elite

I've had several zombie infections and a health potion or zombie potion will always cure it. Since there are more health potions than zombie potions, I start with a health potion. If that doesn't work, I go to the zombie potion. If that doesn't work, I keep using health potions until it is cured. Sometimes it takes more than 10 potions, but it always eventually works. Which is why you have to grab every health and zombie potion you can find, and buy them from the other clans, and vendors when you can find them.