Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Expert

Default Keyboard shortcut for zoom?

Hey folks,

I didn't see anything in the forums on this. Anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out of your character's position? If you have a mouse with a scrollwheel you can easily zoom in and out, but I've seen nothing about a keyboard shortcut. I don't recall seeing anything about the scrollwheel either, so it's possible I am just missing it.

Thanks...
cc
Old 12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousChaos View Post
Hey folks,

I didn't see anything in the forums on this. Anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out of your character's position? If you have a mouse with a scrollwheel you can easily zoom in and out, but I've seen nothing about a keyboard shortcut. I don't recall seeing anything about the scrollwheel either, so it's possible I am just missing it.

Thanks...
cc

As far as I know there is no keyboard shortcut for this...[scratches head], but there really should be I guess. Not everyone has a mousewheel I suppose, but most would.

I know that if you are not happy with the default zoom distance this can be changed in the options menu under the grahics options tab, but I guess that this doesn't help much if you need to change zoom levels on the fly.

Me, I just leave it zoomed all the way out. I like to have a good view of the surroundings, but monsters will tend to "pop" into view rather unnaturally sometimes.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

There are no keys to zoom right now. You either need a mousewheel, change it on the options screen, or you can do it in the console if you really want to.

The console is really unsupported, but hit ~ to pull it down. Then type zoom # and hit enter. Where # is the zoom amount you want. I forget the exact range, but it is somewhere around 0.4 and 2.0. The default zoom is 1.0
Patreon
Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Expert

Thanks, Shadow. The console certainly isn't a convenient way of accomplishing this, but perhaps it will be faster than trying to access the option screen.

cc
Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Page down and page up will zoom in and out in version 1.005 (the keys are configurable).
Patreon
Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Expert

Suuuper! thanks!
-cc