Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Elite

Default Ancient Recharge Stations Repair and Use

I love Ancient Recharge Stations. They can really make the process of warring with the race more manageable. However, I'm always shedding a tear when one of them blows up in the midst of a crazy dogfight.

I would love the possibility of being able to fix one of them. Perhaps right-clicking one should give you the option to repair it? I think the easiest way would just be to have it cost you a certain amount of gold, and you would just have a repair bar/timer.

Additionally, I think enemies and allies should be able to use them as well. Not only does it make sense, but it also makes the choice of whether to keep one around or blow it up more important. You might also find that they become a very important tactical battle point in addition to planets.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Champion

+1 for being able to repair the recharge stations.

Race enemies can and do use the recharge stations. I have never seen monsters do so.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Expert

I should be awarded an achievement for the number of recharge stations I've offed with AoE. Now that bombs are fixed and I stick to medium components and missles for most of my damage dealing I don't destroy nearly as many, but back in the day you better believe I was mowing those things down like nobody's business.

Main problem is, I don't use shields. Never have, probably never will until I get max slots. I use energy leeches and AoE weaponry (as well as having a LOT of energy regen due to the number of power plants I've got equipped) so I don't worry too much about energy usage. Recharge stations mean absolutely jack to me, though in some earlier levels (back when leeches/harvesters didn't do anything) they were useful for sieges of nearby devices.

Now, if they'd give you a boost to armor/structure regen, then we'd be in business. As it is though, no need for the darn things unless you're using shields or don't have a very good energy management solution. I guess most of you are probably using shields though, so poo on me.

+1 for repairing the darn things anyways!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

There are a few monster types that will use the recharge stations.
Patreon
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Champion

You know, Fluffybot, that there's a small component, Emergency Shield Booster, that far outstrips virtually any other "health" source available in the game. You don't even need to stack lots of them in fact (I say this because I know you've got a large ship and thus are heavily reliant on crew to equip things). Just have them stowed away in your cargo bays and swap them in and out as you use them.

The amount of shield regen they offer (at the mid 30s or so) is *very* impressive, and they only get better.

When I gathered up a half-dozen of them onto one of my larger ships, the amount of throughput it took to bring my shields down was quite hilarious. I just kept rotating them in as they became available. Now granted, you need to keep a fairly steady supply of energy coming in to power them up as they finish installing (but that sounds like not such a big problem for you), but you seriously cannot match their output with anything short of multiple Repair Modules stacked up.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
There are a few monster types that will use the recharge stations.
I can verify I have definately seen this. Sometimes you will just get a bunch of guys parked alongside you, like at a truck stop. Until someone takes the safety off...

I also like the way if you are camping a recharge point, monsters will actively attack it rather than you.