Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative 2 > Drox Operative 2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default Drox Operative 2 Trailer

We posted a Drox Operative 2 trailer today! You can watch it on the Drox Operative 2 movies page.
Patreon
Old 05-31-2020, 02:55 AM
Expert

Recommend to highlight the diablo/RPG aspects: skill tree, ship growth/type, crew specialization, etc. and especially THE PHAT LOOT
Old 06-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Elite

Drox has a skill tree @eidolad? How do you get to it??? O.o
Old 06-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Expert

Indeed @Destro*, there is no skill tree per se in Drox 1.

I'd like to, in a more friendly and snark-less manner: respectfully point out that I said skill tree is an "aspect" of diablo/RPGs. I referred not at all to Drox in that statement.

Continuing on to hopefully encourage actually helpful additional commentary:
______

The RPG "skill tree" aspect, as expressed in many, many RPG or action-RPGs, in the way in which a player shapes their character to gain specific passive/active skills over the course of their campaign.

The "skill tree" aspect of Drox might be the character point attribute-weighting. I gain passive "skills" when I reach a certain number of points. The min-maxers create "character builds" basically, by reaching certain attribute milestones. Powerful passives come along with that "tactical command" dreadnought ship. The active skill tree aspect is expressed in the items, crew and race picks (I might be missed some other components to the "skill tree" aspect). I've gots me a stealth/standoff missile class "character" today. Tomorrow I re-spec that character, essentially, by changing up these aspects.

RPG gamers want to know how they "build a character" or how a "class" is expressed, among other things. I'd want to somehow communicate in my marketing that Drox 2 is about character builds too.

My initial impression of the video is very much about the spaceship and space combat. But Drox 1 is also an action RPG. We need to sell that point to new players who may have skipped over Drox 1 because it doesn't appear to have the action RPG aspects that they want.

Last edited by eidolad : 06-02-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:21 AM
Elite

"respectfully point out"

It's funny that you claim to 'respectifully point out' something, while putting it in the context of a passive-aggressive 'snark-filled' response.

Honestly, it's kind of sad the extent you went to 'prove me wrong'. It's not that serious. Ok bro, you weren't talking about Drox 2 in a Drox 2 forum in a Drox 2 trailer thread. Whatever makes you happy, I really don't care. lol

edit: In response to below post, sure. Was just asking a question. You can claim I was being literally Hitler for using emojis if you want, doesn't bother me. gl hf!

Last edited by Destro* : 06-02-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Expert

@Destro??? O.o

You are on a game forum site interacting with People Who Care. This one isn't my bad.

If I call you out directly in the self-same thread, and also use excessive punctuation and goofy eyeballs to show my incredulity, to emphasize that you are clearly wrong or lying intentionally: That's nothing other than a call for "come at me bro".

Though seriously I'm sorry that the phrase "actually helpful" triggered you into interpreting the rest of the continuation as being snark filled. That honestly wasn't my intention and I've edited my post to move the line indicating where I responded to you in kind.

All done. If you leave it be, I will too. Starting now.
______

Continuing on for the broader audience. The rest of the previous post was trying to explore ideas to pull the more generalized action RPGers into the game and not just the pure space cadets like myself who've been playing Drox on/off since 2012. Sound off!