Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Elite

Default Bugs 1.022 (continued)

I "hosted" a game on the East server last night and during that game --but not after reboot into single-player mode -- opening "Gift chests" in town took For-Fn-Ever. I mean I could have a complete conversation while the white bar lazily creeped its way across the screen. It was a level 4 town, a new(ish) character -- made no difference if my character was Level 4 or Level 10.

Chests & stashes in the dungeon were fine. We didn't get the game-finished reward chest because of another glitch (so I don't know if it was all town reward chests); I had to restart the game (and did so in single player) to finish off a boss.

After restart both bonus & gift chests behaved per-nomal. Not sure if it was a multiplayer glitch or another glitch. Will tell more if it happens again.

{There was a problem completing the world because none of us could locate the boss on dungeon level 1 that was a required quest. I scoured for secrets on every wall and couldn't find him, while others handled the "very fast" quest logs that were building momentum. Restart found the critter in the 1st level....perhaps the game should "ping" where quest items/quest monsters have gotten to from time-to-time?}
Old 02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Amateur

I've had similar experiences both in multiplayer and single player with the 0.10 patch, where a boss quest pops up on lower levels in the middle of completing the main original quests.

After going back to town and turning in the quests and accepting the new quest, the boss was nowhere to be found and never spawned.

Shutting down the game and restarting always seems to fix it though.

It seems rather random when it actually happens though, since it definitely doesn't happen all the time and I've only been playing the game for a few weeks.

I haven't progressed to the next town in my game though, so I haven't tested out .022 yet, but this was prevelent in .010.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Champion

I am currently at level 7 of regeneration which is said to give me 952.2 health over 3 minutes. When I use the skill and then mouse-over my status icon under my stamina bar it says I am getting 828 health over 3 minutes. This off-set seems to stay true even when I level up the skill to skill level 8.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Legend

Not so much bugs as questions/recommendations: the saurians are described as being very powerful with lightning, and yet for some reason the saurian mage outputs only 0.25 physical damage, and 0.25 lightning damage. I understand his physical damage being so low, but only 0.25 lightning damage? Why not at least 0.5?

By the same token, it makes sense that naga priests put out only 0.3 physical damage, but they're also supposed to have crazy poison stuff. Only 0.3 poison? Their specialty is supposed to be poison. Same for orc shaman.

I've found both these characters to be ineffectual in the past, and now I know why. I realize they're support characters, but still...

Last edited by Bluddy : 02-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Elite

If you find a "Friend's Body" after the NPC requesting it has died, you will be unable to pick it up, and there is no message telling why.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Not so much bugs as questions/recommendations: the saurians are described as being very powerful with lightning, and yet for some reason the saurian mage outputs only 0.25 physical damage, and 0.25 lightning damage. I understand his physical damage being so low, but only 0.25 lightning damage? Why not at least 0.5?

By the same token, it makes sense that naga priests put out only 0.3 physical damage, but they're also supposed to have crazy poison stuff. Only 0.3 poison? Their specialty is supposed to be poison. Same for orc shaman.

I've found both these characters to be ineffectual in the past, and now I know why. I realize they're support characters, but still...
Magic (really projectiles) using monsters usually have less damage because their attacks don't miss (unless you move out of the way that is).
Patreon
Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Magic (really projectiles) using monsters usually have less damage because their attacks don't miss (unless you move out of the way that is).
Basically these spell-casting monsters are just annoyances. I often just mouse-away from their attacks. They die very easily. They're the mages of the monster world. I'm sure the monsters think similarly of my mage characters. "Just dodge and whack them hard once during their cooldown and they'll die."

Same goes for spiders, basically. They're just inconvenient as monsters, and they're stupid as pets. They're only "deadly" if you're completely surrounded & thus immobilized by them, and the target of 5+ of them attacking.

This only holds true through the 40s & 50s -- I have no idea what happens past level 50 Elite.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The thing is, monster mages already have significantly lower damage because of the fact that they get fewer strength points per level, and their strength to damage ratio is lower (0.5 to 1). For example at level 40, their max damage is 50 vs other monsters' 80. Multiply that by 0.6 (I assume 0.3 physical and 0.3 lightning means the attack does both at the same time?) and now their attack is 0.625*0.6 = 0.375 of a regular monster's attack. Their attacks get weaker and weaker relative to the main monsters as the levels go up. I think mages should instill fear, especially in characters with weak elemental resistance, but instead they're pitiful.

Also, what is the reason for splitting their attack 50-50 between elemental and physical? The problem with this is that it minimizes even more the elemental damage in the game, making elemental resistance even less necessary (which is probably the reason people didn't notice the elemental resistance formula being off, since elemental resistance counts for little).

Also just so I know how it works, btw when strength increases damage, does it increase min or max damage or both?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Amateur

my revives keep running around like headless chickens, gettin fear status for no apparent reason...
Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Expert

I went up to Jewel the Jeweler because of her question mark status. Not only does she only have one crappy ring for sale, she's also in debt (with 94CP!)... and she calls herself Anna. I accept the get Anna out of debt quest. I click on her again to give her some coin and she's Jewel again. I complete the quest and she's Anna. Then back to Jewel. And, no, there were no other Anna's in town.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewel1.jpg (86.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg jewel2.jpg (79.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by EternalChampion : 03-07-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: clarity