Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
Quest screen with internal game name displayed.
I got the same. Watch out for the minus reputation!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
Watch out for the minus reputation!
If you're referring a crazy huge -rep number that periodically appears, yes I assume that is a bug. Don't know what it's linked to, but it needs to go.

Another bug: on my rogue with 100% disarm trap, I still occasionally activate traps, like falling down to lower levels or setting off explosive barrels. I maxed that talent for a reason; it'd be great to have it 100% reliable.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Elite

Another quest which claims the NPC I turn it into is in the dungeon, where you can see he's in town. His name appears at the top center of the screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-01-09 at 2.27.55 AM.jpg (86.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Elite

I don't know if this is considered a bug, but it's confusing to the player. I have 2 find plans quests on the same level, and it won't let me pick up a second set of plans. I have to turn in the first quest for the plan objects to respawn and then find one again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-01-09 at 5.24.01 PM.jpg (82.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
I don't know if this is considered a bug, but it's confusing to the player. I have 2 find plans quests on the same level, and it won't let me pick up a second set of plans. I have to turn in the first quest for the plan objects to respawn and then find one again.
cuz you're picking up the wrong one, that plan is the same one that is completed and somewhere in the dungeon there is another plan for the incomplete one. There is no way to distinguish the two except trying to pick them up.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Expert

Default Missing quest text

Quest description says it all. The screenshot is dated 1/9; I'm not sure if that'd be .013 or .012.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (73.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Expert

Default Black Raiders (barbs) still too lethal

I think the barbarians are still too lethal. The attached carnage was with me already in town. If I had been in the dungeon and away from a Gate, the town would have been toast.

I think either the # of barbs need to be tweaked, or tone them down so they aren't 1-shotting townsfolks.

(Disclosure: Level 86 world, Difficult Monsters turned on.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (87.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Stairs View Post
I think either the # of barbs need to be tweaked, or tone them down so they aren't 1-shotting townsfolks.
I can't tweak the number of barbarians. It's a full sized covenant.
Patreon
Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Another bug: on my rogue with 100% disarm trap, I still occasionally activate traps, like falling down to lower levels or setting off explosive barrels. I maxed that talent for a reason; it'd be great to have it 100% reliable.
The game doesn't list a trap's absolute level, and it only lists relative trap disarm chances for container/door traps. You might be surprised at how far a trap can exceed your level or the mobs' starting level. I've seen the stats report my best trap disarmed at over six levels above my then character level.

Also, some lesser traps do still go off--by design?--at well over 100% trap disarm chance. Magma and Acid are particular offenders for me.

@Sinister Stairs: That whole Second Coming thing didn't work out too well for Jesus, did it? Killed by the barbarians for a second time, when he was just trying to live a quiet life in a small town.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Champion

Haven't noticed this in 1.014, but while playing 1.013 the gravestones I interacted with seemed to act like Evil Pools, leaving me with a curse most of the time. I vaguely remember that they used to contain loot and a reputation loss. Maybe I'm crazy and gravestones have always done this.