Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Amateur

Default Super boss ...

Anyone know a cheat or any way to beat a boss with 100% thorns and regeneration? Any damage i do to him is done to me, he can do about 200 dmg a hit (1/2 my health) and regenerates any damage i do before i can come back and heal. He is a carrion eater (and has two friend that i've led away). I'm a lvl 20 mage with Ice storm and ice bolt concentration.

Somewhat less fun when even persistance wont kill a mob. =)
Old 11-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Expert

Bring along a healing priest companion if you haven't already. Also, see about inviting another faction to adventure with you and try taking it on together, then just sever the adventure pact when you're done.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Amateur

I havent ever found a healing priest companion ... wasn't aware they existed. All the priests i'd seen (and recruited) have had combat skills or buffs. Good to know.

As for adventuring with another group, not a bad idea. Unfortunately there are only two besides myself left (one i am allied to) and they are in a constant state of war. I've left them to duke it out as it kept them both out of my hair, but it looks like i may have to step in if you think that may help. My last experience grouping with NPC was rather poor, as they died VERY fast (and cost me relations because they were to dumb to keep themselves alive). Worth a shot tho!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Expert

Well, if you're down to two factions, and one is ally, another option is to just try to defeat the non-allies, win the game (unless you are rated below your ally, then it's only a partial win), and then skip town.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerzain View Post
Bring along a healing priest companion if you haven't already. Also, see about inviting another faction to adventure with you and try taking it on together, then just sever the adventure pact when you're done.
Have you actually seen one? I saw a post by Shadow that stated they would have been too overpowered so they didnt include them (might have been from 2008/9 though).

@ OP. If you don't want to skip worlds you could try an attempt with a rogue with the Stealth skill (seems to have the most insane damage of all the NPCs) and see if you can get it back into battle (or a few one after the other) before the boss regenerates all its health.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Expert

No, I never bother with priests. But I've also never met a boss I couldn't take either, so I've never felt the need for one.

If they don't exist, then it's nice knowing I'll been one of the single greatest healers in all the world.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Amateur

Yeah the PC priest healer is without a doubt unstoppable especially with a rogue NPC to provide damage. I just couldnt play it past level 15-20ish as my damage was just totally meaningless in comparison and all I was good for was pessing a heal button. I tried Holy Fire (right name? the aoe) as a compliment to the rogues single target damage but in the end it still felt a waste to press the button.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Expert

I played a Cleric up to 65 or so in EQ back in the day, so I'm used to how focussed they can be, hehe.

At least my resist buffs are more meaningful in this game!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Amateur

I would kill for a healing priest companion. It feels like a giant hole in the game (otherwise they are really just weak mages ... Priest NPCs are horrible compaired to the other options (in my experience).

@accelerator - Ya, i've been working it with a good rogue companion ... she ends up killing herself due to the 100% thorns and the mobs quick strike damage.

I could just win the game, but then i would have to start completely over on the main-story quests, and that is just a PITA. I was hoping to complete the game this run through (hence why i've left the 2 remaining NPCs).

Thanks guys!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

You don't have to do all of the main quests again if you start a new world with the same character. You have the option to skip all of the main quests that you have solved in previous worlds. If I remember correctly the skip button shows up once you accept a main quest that you have solved before.
Patreon