Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Expert

If I had to pick one stat to never raise, I think I would go with computers. There are some handy things with computers, but I find the Attack bonus the most abstract of the improvements... If you continue to debuff people with an EMP you might get away without it. But chances are there will come a time where you can't hit anything.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Expert

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if it's intentional that over-equipped items are allowed in D.O.? Example: You drop some crew in a slot that boosts your Structure by a bunch of points, allowing you to equip a high quality peice of armor, then youo take the crew back out and put in some Radiation resists or something in its place, leaving the armor and its benefits.

This is typical and/or simply accepted as emergent gameplay in some games, but considered a bug/oversight in other designs. Not sure how I feel about it is Drox Operative, since it creates a bunch of busy work, although offering bigger rewards for the extra effort.

Last edited by kerzain : 06-17-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Expert

Personally I'd prefer that wasn't allowed in DO... Just because it'll be annoying to have to consider options like that while trying to fit the ship :P

Can you do this in the game right now?
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefpirate View Post
Personally I'd prefer that wasn't allowed in DO... Just because it'll be annoying to have to consider options like that while trying to fit the ship :P

Can you do this in the game right now?
Yes you can do it right now, and I'd prefer it not be there either. I'd prefer the game be balanced against real builds, instead of super min/max stuff like this, gameplay elements like this would force me to do more work than I'd like to just to achieve that perfect build... because apparently I lack the willpower to ignore a potential benefit.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Amateur

Yes i agree, items that no longer have required crew points should have its effectiveness reduced to 0%... i kinda disliked that in other games.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Champion

You could do this in Dins as well, but I think the stats (and equipment unlocks) are a much bigger part of itemization in Drox. It probably shouldn't work due to the impact it has on cheesing loadouts.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Elite

Actually, it doesn't work (with weapons, anyway). If you don't have the stats to use a weapon, you no longer gain the benefit of that weapon. If it's working with armor (is it working? have you checked the stats?) I'd assume that's a bug.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpy View Post
Actually, it doesn't work (with weapons, anyway). If you don't have the stats to use a weapon, you no longer gain the benefit of that weapon. If it's working with armor (is it working? have you checked the stats?) I'd assume that's a bug.
Right, what I forgot to specify is that it works for passive benefits only, not activated items like weapons. And yes, the benefit persists, I checked it and the result prompted my original post on the subject.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I was kind of hoping that engineering wouldnt be required as i need a stat to ignore so i can put a point each level into command.
There is no reason to put a point each level in command. If you want to upgrade your ship, save your stat points until you can spend them all at once. Command gives you literally nothing until you cross the upgrade threshold.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Champion

Saving them leaves you a pool to respond to the frequent 'awesome item you can't use without spending 9 points' situations, as well. The lack of per-point bonuses in command make this a no-penalty way to go about it.