Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Legend

Default Strength Rogue

Ive decided that because the rogue class is underpowered, i think that i will play it with a different mindset. Instead of going for high intelligence, there will be no points put in there. Instead i will be putting a moderate amount into dex, a little in vitality, the rest goes to strength.

My idea here is to use 1 point of stealth just to get around, with the rest of my focus on using skills that give high criticals. Skills such as gouge and the other debuffs are where i will be playing. The reason being is that while the rogue isnt as strong as the warrior is, with high strength, plus dagger mastery, and debuffs, you have a very potent mix.

The reason being is that i see that gouge will be my main source of killing. While it may not seem powerful, it is. For all the enemies that you dont want hitting you, gouge and dazzle. They will become meaningless as they cannot hit you.

Not being able to be hit worked fairly well in dins and it will here. While it would make more sense to use swords, daggers will be my focus as daggers are a mastery and are faster. While the regular rogue uses special and situational attacks, the Brutish Rogue uses a few debuffs along with a pulverizing like no other.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Amateur

I set up a spreadsheet to compare damage but I just realised I totally screwed up the combo pattern (precise strike spam when you need to wait for gouge to give you a distraction), let me know what your combo pattern is and I'll update it, I also need to take into account momentum chance from a critical hit.

Last edited by accelerator : 11-12-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Legend

I actually decided to skip gouge and go with slice and dazzle. Dazzle affects all monsters chance to hit and slice can be used without momentum. The only difference is that i will be using slice as if it were a main attack. I might switch back if it doesnt work but for now it does. (10)
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Amateur

Accelerator,

Your Damage Statistics spreadsheet is great. Actually I dont have idea to switch back from slice. It works. Any other comments?