Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Legend

Default Least Useful Stat to distribute

Ive come to the realization that energy shields are just not as important than structure for defense.

I usually every level add 1 point to each stat other than engineering as i dont find it useful.

How does everyone else go by distributing? It seems like you need to go with all stats and especially command as that gives you a new ship and boosts your races major stat.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Expert

Have you played around with today's patch much? Engineering might be much more useful now given the way more weapons are consuming energy.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Elite

Computers is basically pointless for me, since explosions hit everything anyway.

Helm is good but you can stop putting in points until you find a really good thruster.

Engineering is huuuuuge - I need a +670 power plant to maintain my two nuclear bombs. Same with Tactical. I haven't had a chance to play the new patch yet though.

Structural seems worthwhile.

Actually, DeathKnight, it is really weird to me that you don't like Engineering. What is your setup? How are you functioning?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Expert

Are you still sticking with the Nuke Bomb build after the patch? I keep running out of energy with every build I try now...
Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Elite

Turns out I am!

Try an Emergency Energy in one of your Light slots. Energy costs still feel kind of brutal, but with high Engineering, a decent Emergency Energy, and more or less constant Energy Spikes, I think I can still make this work.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Elite

Seriously though, how do you guys function without Engineering? Do you not need Power Load?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Expert

Well, I haven't played too much past my teens (got a couple ships to 13-15 or so), but emergency energy equipment is rare enough to be real tough to plan a build around, unless you already happen to have one kicking around. They don't seem anywhere near as common as other equipment. Light slot items in general seem to drop/sell much less frequently than other slots.

But yes, if you get lucky and you find yourself a quality emergency energy item, those can certainly be a god send.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Champion

I think light slot stuff drops lower because they're intended to be competing with crew for slots. Of course, crew is even less common.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Elite

Hmm, given the energy costs I probably don't need two Weapon System Coolants. I'll put in a Gaming System and an EMP.

Seriously, what are you guys doing without Engineering? How are you equipping anything with no Power Load? I'm honestly confused here.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Legend

I havent touched the patch but before it, energy and weapons were not required as much as they werent high. I was kind of hoping that engineering wouldnt be required as i need a stat to ignore so i can put a point each level into command.

What i like to do is get on a system where i pay attention to all stats but 1. That way i have almost all bases covered. Its the only sane way i can play the game without saying 3 to this and 2 to this every 3 levels.

With all of you guys playing around with the possible builds, i am looking for a stat that doesnt really require as much precedence as the others. Which stat would be the weakest link? I gotta play some more of drox when i get home from work tomorrow, but until then, i brainstorm.

Im currently loving the nuclear bombs and a quick getaway setup! Really roguish, if that makes any sense

By the way Chumpy, to answer your question, there are a random modifier that allows almost any item in game to produce said modifier. Thrusters, engines and armor giving attack, computers giving defense, its wonderfully absurd.

Last edited by DeathKnight1728 : 06-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.