Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Expert

Default A way to customize UI?

Are there any mods to reorient the hotbar or character health in different positions on the screen. Even something simple like opting to put the hotbar vertically along the side would facilitate checking health and skills with one glance instead of looking up and down trying to see both.

This is really only an issue for me with characters like the Rogue and Warrior who have skills that can be activated mid-battle (e.g. Critical Strike or Overpower).

I greatly like the subtlety of many of the icons - they are clear, distinct, and non-intrusive. Although the skill icons that appear to the left of the character when skills come up are barely noticeable since they only appear for a second and there is so much other action going on they tend to blend in with spell effects or other colors.

I'm sure many of you don't have a problem with this sort of thing, but I feel like I'm looking all over the place trying to keep track of everything.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Elite

Kind of on topic, one thing I found that annoys me with the UI is when you are trading items. When you select an item from the list, it always resets to the top; this can make it annoying to go through a big list of items without accidently giving away the wrong item.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

There isn't a mod to do this right now that I know of, but it wouldn't be very hard to do. If you wanted to move the player's health bars around you would just have to change the position stuff in the file UI/player.mnu which should be in assets001.zip.
Patreon