Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
Oh I meant that the Ego weapons could get an Experience level, much like the character. Each level up the Ego Weapon receives would make display in the Weapon tooltip. For example: I've now received two "Level Ups" for my really deadly ego axe. I was thinking that would make it an "Ego Weapon (Level 2)"
That is basically what will happen except the weapon won't likely start at level 1. The min level will increase each time it levels up.
Patreon
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Champion

Default Request for maybe a better solution to "find the evidence"

I didn't count, but I believe so far I've had ~10 different "towns person did something bad, find the evidence."

I love that added wrinkle of hunting down evidence for the townspeople. But can we please make the evidence hunts less "find the needle in the haystack?"

I think all ARPGs need a bit more in the "R" department, so the town interaction is definitely about 50 steps in the right direction. But evidence will wind up in weird locations that are hard to find since the game world cannot be rotated. Also, having to run back to town to find out who let yet another evil monster into my town or poisoned the water supply is just a bit much for my nerves. My experience of the towns people so far is that I should kill them faster than I kill the monsters.

This is, as always, my personal opinion. As my wife does, take everything I say with a grain of salt, maybe some lime, and maybe a shot of tequila.

Thoughts though about other options for "finding the evidence to punish the bad towns person?"
Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
That is basically what will happen except the weapon won't likely start at level 1. The min level will increase each time it levels up.
Now I understand. That works for me.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
I suppose it's also possible I'm having some bad luck here
That's what I would guess, but I'll make sure the Shock variants can spawn also.
Patreon
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Elite

Typo: Demon Armor (Demonologist): Using pieces of vanguished demons [should be vanquished]
Old 12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
That makes sense. I'm still slowly slogging my way through that first town, which was a very large town. I think I'm finally, finally turning the tide. I'll post a brief write up of the town with screen shots after I finally save it.
I had a similar town testing yesterday - 230 quests solved, 67 failed, 47 NPCs killed. Way too many NPCs fighting, killed off all vendors early on - lost the warmaster at least twice, dungeons super-thick with monsters, town attacks every few seconds at times. Managed to finish it after many hours. Tough and tedious. Told Shadow who's waiting for feedback from other beta testers like you, Jeremy.

My next town was much easier.. but wow, that last one!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Expert

Just went through my 1st lv100 town on fast pace. I chose Invasion mode but it started as a normal town, is the feature not available? I guess I was lucky, no fight ever break out in town only an overlord in the last dungeon level spawning all kind of stuff forcing me to run around quite a bit to hunt them. There is a blue vortex from the temporal flux machine that doesn't apply anything to me or my pet, I wonder what it is?
There is one time when the overlord sent an elite to block a gate and it was rather frustrating for me because the entrance to that level was a long run from the nearest gate. I would like to see it changes into the overlord sending a group of monsters lead by "xxx" elite to guard the gate and when you choose to teleport there a message "The gate is guarded, are you sure you want to go through?" would pop to confirm so the player can try to fight or run to the gate (after die trying to fight of course ).
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardusts View Post
There is a blue vortex from the temporal flux machine that doesn't apply anything to me or my pet, I wonder what it is?
I'm pretty sure it should just randomize the time that DoTs last, maybe some other time-altering effects too.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Expert

Somehow installing the patch or the beta zeroed the kills/deaths counter, I find myself with a lvl 59 warrior, 300 and a few kills for 1 death. However the achievement for the first 1000 kills is unlocked.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Legend

Roast quail has -6000 hunger on its label. Im not sure if this has been mentioned.