Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Elite

Default 1.017 bugs

Ok my Damek's Gloves turned into Elite "Fake Damek's Gloves", but my Damek's Cap turned into Elite "DameksCapDameksCapFake". Pretty wonky name for an item if you ask me.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Elite

Check out the "Din's Curse 1.017 patch" thread over in the main game.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Ok my Damek's Gloves turned into Elite "Fake Damek's Gloves", but my Damek's Cap turned into Elite "DameksCapDameksCapFake". Pretty wonky name for an item if you ask me.
My guess is that it has to do with the rebalancing of those items.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I screwed up the name. It will be fixed in 1.018. It should show up as Fake Damek's Cap.
Patreon
Old 01-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Elite

The sound for Legendaries dropping isn't playing at the moment.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Elite

Ok I leveled a Ranger from scratch since patch 1.016 and have been playing him since 1.017 as well. I had NPC pace set to normal because I was afraid to get swamped by NPC troubles at low levels. No dice. Not a single bit of NPC trouble, ie fights, poisoning, letting in scouts and the like. Not even problems I used to occasionally get like "X is starving". Every town was (aside from monsters) trouble-free from level 1 to 87. I am now thinking the NPC wealth or happiness might be related to some global variable shared between characters, which tends to increase the longer you play. It seems like people who've played less are having more problems than people who've probably played too much lol. Can anyone else corroborate or contradict this with their experience?

Also, I noticed a recent patch made the gambler quest harder, but the truth is I haven't gotten the gambler quest either since about that time. To be honest, Demon War is actually feeling tamer and less varied, quest- and action-wise, than vanilla Din's Curse for me. It's been a long time since I had a crazy town at any level, and I'm playing way above my level on Very Fast Pace. The only ways Demon War is making my game more, and not less, varied are the monsters and environments and the occasional NPC messages that they shop and gain happiness and the like. Nice touches, but they don't make up for the fact I'm not seeing almost any of the new quests or action. I'm getting the bug infestation and fallen hero's treasure quests, and that's all for expansion quests I can think of.

Of course the expansion will go live with some bugs as any software does, but this one's a deal breaker. IMHO it's the one that has to be solved before it goes live, or players won't get a consistently new experience.

Just some ideas for what to check for the tameness problem: total gold collected among characters, total towns saved, accidentally using the wrong reputation variable...

Last edited by Nobear : 01-28-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Elite

Default typo

This showed up on the chat box at the beginning of the game. "Cruel Claw (Charged Krall Warrior) is guarding 's treasure."
The actual quest says "fallen hero".
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Elite

Trying to fill an empty vial with certain oil pools doesn't work. It's hit and miss at the moment.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Expert

Quote:
Ok I leveled a Ranger from scratch since patch 1.016 and have been playing him since 1.017 as well. I had NPC pace set to normal because I was afraid to get swamped by NPC troubles at low levels. No dice. Not a single bit of NPC trouble, ie fights, poisoning, letting in scouts and the like. Not even problems I used to occasionally get like "X is starving". Every town was (aside from monsters) trouble-free from level 1 to 87. I am now thinking the NPC wealth or happiness might be related to some global variable shared between characters, which tends to increase the longer you play. It seems like people who've played less are having more problems than people who've probably played too much lol. Can anyone else corroborate or contradict this with their experience?

Also, I noticed a recent patch made the gambler quest harder, but the truth is I haven't gotten the gambler quest either since about that time. To be honest, Demon War is actually feeling tamer and less varied, quest- and action-wise, than vanilla Din's Curse for me. It's been a long time since I had a crazy town at any level, and I'm playing way above my level on Very Fast Pace. The only ways Demon War is making my game more, and not less, varied are the monsters and environments and the occasional NPC messages that they shop and gain happiness and the like. Nice touches, but they don't make up for the fact I'm not seeing almost any of the new quests or action. I'm getting the bug infestation and fallen hero's treasure quests, and that's all for expansion quests I can think of.

Of course the expansion will go live with some bugs as any software does, but this one's a deal breaker. IMHO it's the one that has to be solved before it goes live, or players won't get a consistently new experience.

Just some ideas for what to check for the tameness problem: total gold collected among characters, total towns saved, accidentally using the wrong reputation variable...
I think it's just the randomness factor. I had a town today that was WAY out of control. I had someone poisoning everything, setting-up gates. When I found the docs to prove who it was the whole town went and started beating on him, almost to death. Then he went renegade. I had multiple Undead invasions, multiple plagues, poisonings of food and water, curses, bosses showing-up in town. The dungeon was dropping Elites, Artifacts, Set pieces, etc. like candy. Every other monster was a Champion. It was crazy. But I saved the town. I even had someone flirt with Din (or vice versa, hard to tell) for happiness. Something like "Flirt +15 happiness" after they talked to Din.

Of course the next town I was just about to save when I realized my inventory was full. I went up top to a weaponsmith and was unloading items when a tornado 2/3 the size of the town set down right in town center. Killed everybody within 5 seconds. Town lost. This is with 1.017. The only other town I lost was hit with a string of 25+ tornados out of the blue.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Elite

What you've got to understand is that I've logged days per character into the game and have almost 5 level 100s and saved hundreds of towns. I play too much for my not seeing a single fight break out or any of the things I quote here to be just randomness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
I had someone poisoning everything, setting-up gates. When I found the docs to prove who it was the whole town went and started beating on him, almost to death. Then he went renegade. I had multiple Undead invasions, multiple plagues, poisonings of food and water
Your feedback is valuable and I mean that, and it seems to corroborate my idea since you have played far less than me (probably a good thing :P) and are having infinitely more NPC trouble. Note: I'm not exaggerating when I say I have no NPC trouble. I literally have none at all.

Last edited by Nobear : 01-28-2011 at 11:26 PM.