Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Expert

Quote:
The rescue notes/plans/treasure maps one puts in one's inventory are for optional quests, I believe.
Believe huh ? Using that rescue note gives you the rescue Callas quest, which is NOT optional. If you don't use it asap you get the "we missed a clue, callas needs to be rescued" quest and the note becomes gibberish. Rescuing Callas saves the town.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Amateur

i think i got something, with my necromancer/gladiator i'am unable to raised champion and elite skellies on the monsters corpses(in town) during invasion mode. i've tried on 3 invasions (all lost unfortunately) so far.

did some fellow necromancers spotted this ?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Expert

I'm still having no gate levels, then later in the game the gates miraculously appear. In obvious places already explored. After save and exit, of course. 1.0.22

Also, I'm attaching the funniest NPC moment I've encountered yet in DIn's...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen-shot-2011-02-19-at-12.37.11-PM.jpg (86.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by EternalChampion : 02-21-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Wrong jpg size
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Expert

I also had the Warmaster just disappear in front of me. Talking to him, got some quests, and *poof* he disappeared. No messages why; nothing. 15-20 minutes later I had a 'find a new Warmaster' quest. I had to look in the log so as to find what happened. Turns out he was starving and died... all apparently while I was getting quests from him. But there was no wail of pain, no dying, no body, no status info... he just disappeared.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
I just noticed that I can choose passive skills and place them in my toolbar. This probably shouldn't be allowed -- you shouldn't be able to pick them up. The same applies to skills you don't yet have.
Disagree with that last part 100%.

I put untrained skills in the bar at level 1, to train my muscle memory (which keys to hit) and to keep track of which skills I'd like to get. When putting them in the bar, the game clearly warns the player that the skill is untrained, and it stays dim which prevents use.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
Believe huh ? Using that rescue note gives you the rescue Callas quest, which is NOT optional. If you don't use it asap you get the "we missed a clue, callas needs to be rescued" quest and the note becomes gibberish. Rescuing Callas saves the town.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing. It was a rescue someone quest in my inventory that I had to accept and solve to finally save my town once.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
Disagree with that last part 100%.

I put untrained skills in the bar at level 1, to train my muscle memory (which keys to hit) and to keep track of which skills I'd like to get. When putting them in the bar, the game clearly warns the player that the skill is untrained, and it stays dim which prevents use.
Wow interesting. I guess it's just the passive skills that shouldn't go in there then.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
Awesome idea, never thought of that, but am going to use it. Yes, should definately stay the way as is.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
On a different note, I can't tell if trap perception is still broken. My necromancer has 92% chance of being right for this level given his items and intelligence, but he guesses different traps that almost always end up not being there. He doesn't always do this (often he says there's no trap, and there really isn't one), but it seems like when he guesses a trap other than ice storm, there's always nothing there. I can't tell if this is just the 8% that he gets wrong, or if it's a bug.
At least from the description it sounds like it is working as intended. 92% of the time your guess should be correct and it is usually going to be no trap. 8% of the time you are going to be wrong and it is probably going to show some random trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aet View Post
Starvation state hits. I eat food. My character is still starving, even while they are regaining health from said food. It took perhaps four separate food items as well as a save&exit (which didn't fix it) for the starving to go away. While I am stuffing my face to make starving go away, the hunger number on the starving state keeps going up - despite whatever food I eat. It was a bit over 2000 by the time I stocked up on 7 more bits of food and started on the next - at which point it just vanished.
Any food should work, but if you have been starving for a while it won't get you out of starving. For example if your up to 13,000 hunger, you would need to eat 3 times (6,000 each) to stop starving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgor View Post
- The Paladin's new sword skill is displayed in the wrong place; it's all the way to the right on his list of basic skills, when it should be right next to the mace skill.
It should be but there isn't much I can do without screwing up people's paladin skill points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
With that quest fail, there are no other quests that I know of (in town). Are there ever required quests given in the dungeon themselves? How would I know where to find it?
There can be quests that are hidden for a short period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
Should this be possible ? I think a grace period of a few minutes after town creation wouldn't be too bad for town attacks.
These can happen, but only on higher levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair View Post
i think i got something, with my ecromancer/gladiator i'am unable to raised champion and elite skellies on the monsters corpses(in town) during invasion mode. i've tried on 3 invasions (all lost unfortunately) so far.
Hmm, I bet that is because they are marked as quest monsters.
Patreon
Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
Yes, I was going to say the same thing. It was a rescue someone quest in my inventory that I had to accept and solve to finally save my town once.
It seems different with Plans vs. Rescue Notes. Only some Plans have a level requirement, and you simply can't read those without enough levels. If you save the town before the timer on the unread Plans quest runs out, you can just leave and avoid the Reputation penalty and other escalation consequences for a failed mandatory quest. It still counts as a failed quest for the end of town summary, but who cares if there's no RP loss?