Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Amateur

Smile A Character Editor

I'd like to have in in-game character editor. I know, some people call that cheating, I call it flexibility.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I've played DoP and DC now and the only real complaint I have is that the Legendary and higher items don't seem to be that much better than regular rares. For example, Bloodfury is a low level Epic item and it's not any better than something you can buy from the merchants. Besides the pretty color of the name, the items usually aren't to much better if any than regular items. When I see a unique drop, I want it to feel unique, not just a +1 to vit and + 1 to dex with subpar DPS. I can find much better items that are green. I'm level 20 on DC now and the only legendary Items I've recieved are from the reputation level up so I get excited when I see the name until I look at the item and realise that it's about the same as the weapon I've been using for the last 8 levels.. just higher dex and str requirment. SO, if you could address that. That would be awesome and much appreciated.
I have to agree with this as well. All of the unique or better stuff I've found didn't have higher damage, and I feel as though it should, apart from having extra stats.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by udm View Post
I agree, I've had some Artifact and Elite items that aren't even as good as Uncommon items. It's not really a big issue to me since I've already somewhat gotten used to it, but I think it'd be uber cool if Artifact, Elite, Set and Legendary items can be given greater abilities to distinguish them from the Rare and Uncommon items.
I second (third?) this - there seems to be little difference between the items and their "type" (artifact, elite, legendary, set). The point being that I don't get enough of a feeling of achievement when I get these items. They are so rare that I get uber excited when I get one then almost always let down when I see the specs.

I would love some items that had life or mana steal or less attributes and a higher percentage rate on a spell skill - so only 1-2 attributes BUT add 15% chance for Shatter on strike, not just 2.5%.

Or a set like "Dante's Inferno", that gave the user level X fireball if you had the entire set equipped, even if you don't have the fire skill tree. That would make a set worth while.

On a minor note, the game doesn't seem to monetarily value those items correctly. I've gotten Legendary items that sell for less than a common item before...if it sold for 5gp not 2sp that would add to the feeling of achievement.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Champion

Inspired wrote
Quote:
I've played DoP and DC now and the only real complaint I have is that the Legendary and higher items don't seem to be that much better than regular rares. For example, Bloodfury is a low level Epic item and it's not any better than something you can buy from the merchants. Besides the pretty color of the name, the items usually aren't to much better if any than regular items. When I see a unique drop, I want it to feel unique, not just a +1 to vit and + 1 to dex with subpar DPS. I can find much better items that are green. I'm level 20 on DC now and the only legendary Items I've recieved are from the reputation level up so I get excited when I see the name until I look at the item and realise that it's about the same as the weapon I've been using for the last 8 levels.. just higher dex and str requirment. SO, if you could address that. That would be awesome and much appreciated.
I agree.
At 62 (and with 11 alts lvl 9-39) only found 2 or 3 decent Set Items out of 15. For their level set items seems hopelessly under par with green and yellow gear, especially resistances and the partial or full set bonuses themselves are ussally so bad aint worth keeping. Also, orange and blue items seems really weak, only got decent armor rating, 1 half good resistance and some hp or mana boost makes most of these items vendor trash. With tons of green and yellow gear that gives lots of + on either all stats or all res (xcept magic) makes them the only viable choices. Occasionally found a really good pink item.