Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Champion

Default Expansion Ideas

I have two more suggestions:

1) A monster which is invulnerable unless its soulstone is destroyed.
2) A monster which sprays the character with a liquid, doing acid damage and attracts other nearby monsters to the character.

Opinions?

GB
Old 07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Legend

The soulstone one would be almost impossible. Though it might be neat to have. But just imagine all the complaints when someone tells you that they have a berserker, hasted, stoneskined frenzy targ and they cant even get close to getting by him. It all comes down how tough you want the game to be.

As for the 2nd one, you could change it to like something disgusting whatever that other monsters will be like: "That's him!" The only thing is that it would have to be just a certain monster or boss that you fight. Otherwise if it were every monster, it would make the game very hard. This idea would work, it just depends on what shadow thinks.

As for where everyone else is, they are prally still playing dragon age
Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Elite

I like the idea of some kind of squirt that will attract other monsters. I don't think it even needs to do acid damage, though. If it brings monsters running, that is quite enough.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Champion

OK--How about the only way to kill a monster is with a X level of magic weapon, be it elite, legendary, or whatever...

GB
Old 07-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Expert

Once again, the idea depends on the player and how masochistic his inner child is. Personally I wouldn't be too thrilled if such a monster spawned in a town and wiped out everyone just because I didn't have a certain weapon.

However I do like the spray monster... sort of like a reversed skunk. Instead of repelling enemies, it attracts them. It would be better if there is a slight delay before the monster sprays, since that will give players more incentive to kill it before it sprays.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Legend

Yeah I think js many is right. The idea for having a certain item would drive you crazy. Plus, we want to make the game hard, not impossible.

The spray idea is great though. That would make the game extremely hard to do for anyone, especially the rogue since stealth wouldnt work right.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
OK--How about the only way to kill a monster is with a X level of magic weapon, be it elite, legendary, or whatever...

GB
X level or higher weapon...just like 'only hit by +1 or better magic weapon'?

Example: Can only be hit by uncommon level weapon or better.

GB
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Amateur

Expedition to Undermountain is one of the most famous dungeons out there, what about ripping out some more basic RPG ideas, like regenerating monsters which do not die without a certain potion, throwing weapon, or magical enchantment (think troll)?

I also like Gelatinous Cubes They could have all kinds of cool treasure when slain as well...
Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Legend

What about a new type of torva monster. I like the torvas because they are fierce and much stronger than the orc counterparts. Since this is going to be a demon expansion. What about a torva skirmisher. They are kind of like screes in that they attack and run but what makes them different is that they are kind of like assassins they have a higher chance of deep wounds on all attacks. They also are different from screes in that they are tough upclose and dont go down right away. Now that would be a nasty monster. Your fighting off regular monsters and then something flies right by you taking a considerable amount off you. It happens again, and again....until you take care of them. This would lead a lot to difficulty as you are trying to chase down this bastard and yet are multiplying the bastards that are chasing you.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Champion

Any update on the expansion?

GB