Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

*New stuff*
-----------
Also, are we supposed to get multiple statues of ourselves built in our honor? I have two right now. If so they should all have different poses to make it more interesting. (Nyithra)
Town attack quests seem to be unsolvable quite a lot, sometimes it'll spawn a few of the creatures specified and you can even find their gate and break it, but the quests are rarely solvable. Other times they won't spawn at all or you'll just find one or two hanging out around the town perimeter. (Etto)
Missing NPC (Mandark)
So my NPC companion seems to be missing. I had equipped items on her in my single player game. Then I played some multiplayer for a while (in someone elses game). Then went back to single player and no where to be found. Proceeded to create new maps in hopes of finding her but no luck. Happened before too. Kind of sucks and discourages me from investing anything in to them.
I realize that the companions are probably not the priority at this point but I might suggest taking a look to see if there is a more reliable way to keep them around when the game is stable.
you can use lock pick on spider webs? (Karol13)
i was playing a game where my arch nemesis was and they randomly died without me ever seeing them and the game told me i got a reward chest when i never got a reward chest (twitch.tv/ninja)
next step in playtestFull - auto win scenario here and there and move to next
could do a full stress test mode that goes through all levels and does playtest, monsters, quests, and changes
worlds often
should randomly use usable objects instead of dropping them
build skill item modifiers like did skill mutations?
randomly generate monster/item uniques from a file that contains name, base, level, database name,
main enhancement/enchantment?
mutated renegades with 1 main skill & 2 skill mutations and maybe other mutations?
reaper has a skill that gives like 5(+2 per level) health per kill, does anyone else think it should have some scaling based on character level or total hp (twitch.tv/ninja)
there is some weird sound issue with statues, like the game mutes sfx when you hit them (twitch.tv/ninja)
recruiting someone to your party and then making a new world shouldnt just add a clan member thats a ticking timebomb of anger (twitch.tv/ninja)
fix character export
can I change shadows to be during light pass instead of own pass - should be faster, also might look better (work
better with normal mapping)
npcs come to town with quests?
focus more on rewarding player?
achievements, fireworks, better chests (or more for reward purposes)
big reward chest for 25, 50, 75, and 100?
reward chest for each achievement?
that can be cheated easily by deleting global files
special world events like did in Drox? blood moon, solar eclipse, sand storms, major storms,
update Steam SDK?
does Zombasite to DL character fully work? make official feature?
will it work with DC?
change world modifiers to a status effect type on thing and add below are name on game and map screens?
basically change text to centered icons
add a border for world world mofifiers
could even have clan icon if they are based in level
when fight off a town/siege attack each NPC launches a firework for next couple minutes? (if no other attacks happening)
turn up item rarities a little?
bigger center print? fades in? does it fade out? expand so can get more than one, how long it stays depends on length
unique could attack an ally clan & then taunt you about it
option to hide unused skills?
Killed my opponent in a duel almost immediately after spawning (it spawned next to me), but win not triggered (Dragonface)
got a dungeon just full of water blocks (BeepBeep)
if a house goes across a level boundary the height of one wall will be wrong (not sure matters enough to fix since it would be complicated)
campfires should heal everyone nearby?
I think this has been a problem since launch but NPCs/vendors are really suicidal. Like when they are at low health they will run into battle and die when they could easily run away to survive. Could be good to have them just run away once they get to 10% health or something rather than autolocking on enemies. (Nyithra)
Patreon
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

*New stuff*
-----------
  • This one has been poking around for a while and isn't a huge deal but I figured I'd mention it anyway, towns people seem to always spawn in at half health. I usually run around town healing everyone up to full in case of a big attack or such. (Etto)
  • I am in a pickle myself with this. I had a nemesis scenario and the nemesis is long gone, but there seems to be a rather large area with a very aggressive spawn rate of warring races. Due to the constant battles, my quest log is filled with dozens of heroes, and for every hero I kill, two more seem to pop up. The quest log doesn’t even pick all the heroes up. I have neutralized at least half a dozen heroes for whom there was no mention in the quest log. Maybe those were heroes that were not created by something that was related to my late nemesis. (MordaRazgrom)
    Question is: do I keep at it, or just abandon and start a new scenario? I can probably finish eventually if I fully explore and kill enemies so the respawn stops, but it would take a troubling amount of time. I am facing Dark Elves, and I am a frost/fire/healer nuker. Each Dark Elf has to be killed twice, once for regular, but they always come back as undead. There are so many fireballs and spells on my screen at once that my computer chugs a bit, and a couple of lucky shots and I die. I could do it, but I wonder if it is even worth it.
  • I just acquired a fear passive through mutation xp level. I haven't seen that happen unless I die a lot to a specific monster. Is it working as intended? Randomly becoming afraid of skeletons doesn't make sense to me. (Mandark)
  • i got a defense unit from another clan trading me but i dont think im actually able to use it - probably talking about guards (chesse20)
  • When I crash and I'm in someone's game, I can't rejoin because it shows as if I were still in the game. This means that the host has to restart every time I crash. Would really like a fix for this. (Mandark)
    does trying to join bump the time and make it harder to get in?
  • rescues come to town (if a town)
  • Fireball (Fire Mage) vs Holy Fire (Shaman). They are similar skills but Fireball is superior. Greater damage, explosion range, and faster cast. I suppose you could build around HF but I'm not sure why. HF is cheaper on skill points and that's about it. (Mandark)
  • Serrated Arrow (Hunter) vs Hunting Shot (Commoner). Exactly the same skill except SA has a status effect where HS does not. Why choose HS? (Mandark)
  • Ice Storm (Ice Mage) vs Hell Storm (Dark Templar). IS gives a status effect and a good one at that. Costs only one more skill point to start. You could use HS in a fire build, sure, but there are better AoE alternatives in the Fire Mage skillset. *Unrelated.. I'd really like to see a Meteor skill somewhere. (Mandark)
  • Arcane Swarm. It's a fun idea for a skill, don't get me wrong. The problem is that the targetting is terrible due to uneven terrain. This is one of the first skills I ever tried but I quickly found out that many of my casts were waisted mana because the missiles could not path to an enemy just a few feet away. (Mandark)
  • Concentration skills from Thief. My Plague Doctor build could use the Poison one but it doesn't seem worth investing in with a 4 minute reuse time and a 30 second duration. I suppose you could throw points into +skill effect duration but it hardly seems worth the hassle. The same could be said about any skill with a really long cooldown and short duration. I never select them. (Mandark)
  • I see. If that is the case perhaps dropping the +0 and only showing a number when it goes up, having just "(item) has leveled up" instead, as this has caused me to abandon equipment thinking it is bugged. (Nyithra) - talking about ego item leveling up but getting no damage/armor boost
  • can mutate with another player in multiplayer? need permission?
  • normal attack can only help combo get up to 50%
  • Din's Curse Infernal Abyss has lots of crystal sounds in background - pull this over?
  • Din should be in the game somewhere like DC?
  • didn't announce fight or that one of them died (or left town)
  • need to halve happiness changes and reputations changes
  • add relations button back to NPCs?
  • are reward chests from NPCs happening now?
Patreon