Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Din beta patch 1.022

Beta Patch 1.022 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch is almost all balance changes.
Patreon
Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Elite

I think that most of the ideas I've had about the various classes needs to be reexamined, after all these changes. I look forward to taking the modified skills for a new test drive.

I do have a question about "thief concentration skills are now linked". Right now my rogue has a few skill points in two concentration skills. After I update, how will the game handle those skill points? (Get rid of one of the skills, and convert them back into generic skill points?) Just wondering if I should "untrain" before updating.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
I do have a question about "thief concentration skills are now linked". Right now my rogue has a few skill points in two concentration skills. After I update, how will the game handle those skill points? (Get rid of one of the skills, and convert them back into generic skill points?) Just wondering if I should "untrain" before updating.
If the points are in the main skill (the one on the left) it will just leave it like it is. If you have points in the others it should remove them and refund your skill points and the money it took to train them.
Patreon
Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Legend

Very nice patch, Shadow. Plus you were really responsive to our feedback! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Champion

Very nice patch, thanks. I'll need to play around with the changes.

This is one reason why I don't lvl up chars that high, every patch I tend to start new.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Amateur

Found a probable bug in 1.022 Have a "Necklace of Yielding" worth 0 cp. See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (80.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
Found a probable bug in 1.022 Have a "Necklace of Yielding" worth 0 cp. See attachment.
That jewelry bug has been around for awhile. Surprisingly many item enchantments have no coin value, so if a piece of jewelry ends up with only one or more of them, it's fiscally worthless.* The various reduced item requirement enchantments like yours still have no coin value. I consider this bug to be a feature, especially when found on soft armor or jewelry. Who wouldn't want an item you can use several levels sooner without inflating its price?

*An item's material type does not affect its value. Only AC, DPS, or enchantments affect the value.

Last edited by Manumitted : 02-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
Actually in this case it pretty much is worth 0cp. There isn't any benefit of actually wearing it.
Patreon