Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Legend

Default Demon War Beta-Things to be clarified

Im making this thread to help shadow and everyone clarify things that need to be clarified and or worked on in the expansion. So far i have only played for 10 minutes and its pretty cool. The villagers are all shifty and you can donate money to them although i havent noticed anything happen to them cause of that.

-Ravage states that it damages 3 enemies in each attack. Further down it has listed- hit up to extra 2 enemies.

This is all ive encountered so far. Anyone that has beta and has something to point out like this is more than welcome to do so in this thread.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Champion

I just couldn't help myself after downloading and installing the expansion... I cracked open the assets files.

Given how the database works on a sort of prototyping basis, I'm not sure if the following, of what looks like a copy-pasto, will make a Poor Town not actually work correctly, but the following is from line 124 of the worldModifiers2.gdb file:

Code:
WorldModifierPoorTown
{
	Base		BaseWorldModifier

Name		$$WorldModifierPoorTown$$
	Desc		$$WorldModifierPoorTownDesc$$

ModifiedNumberMultNpcMoney	-1.0

DisallowNpcTypeOnStart		VendorWeapon
	DisallowNpcTypeOnStart		VendorArmor

MinPlayerLevel			10

IncompatibleModifier	WorldModifierRichTown
}

WorldModifierPoorTown
{
	Base		BaseWorldModifier

Name		$$WorldModifierPoorTown$$
	Desc		$$WorldModifierPoorTownDesc$$

MinPlayerLevel			10
}
On another note: a Gigantism modifier, now that's hilarious. I'm looking forward to that town.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Amateur

'tis great so far, but I've encounted a couple of oddities!

Well, the first is probably nothing to do with the expansion, but I have actually not noticed it before. When you select multiple character 'Advanced Options', they just string together on the character pane, and then they no longer have room to fit on. Same as where you're selecting a character to play as.

Secondly, I started my first game with 'Invasion Mode' on, and immediately when I began, the town was being invaded by skeletons/zombies. A lot of NPCs died and were too turned into zombies. When people mentioned a particular NPC dying in this case (I'm not sure if it's because they were turned into zombies, or if it counts as me killing the NPC myself), what they were killed by would be blank. E.G.: 'Too bad Ward (Weaponsmith) got killed by a .'

Also, is Semi-Hardcore meant to stop you from accessing the Shared Stash like full on Hardcore? Just wondering!

EDIT:

I finally got a new Warmaster after the above-mentioned skeleton invasion killed my starting one. They had a quest for me to basically hold off against the 100 invasions. After taking the quest, it was then immediately completed and I could return it, stopping the invasions despite there only ever being 3 of them.

I had a quest from a Townsperson because they were starving. The quest text says: 'X has no money and is starving. If no help, X will likely starve to death. ...' I suppose it should say something like 'Without help' instead of 'If no help'.

Last edited by GreatStalin : 12-30-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding more reports!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Legend

I am playing as the warden for the demon hunter class and the wards are a bit unbalanced. Ive used them all and the only one that seems to be good is the fire one which gives you a nice damage increase. Cold is ok because it slows people down but lightning and poison are not the greatest. Lightning slows projectiles which doesnt seem to be the best but poison is better than it since it slows them, deals a bit of damage and gives resistance.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Champion

Cosmetic Item

In the achievements page, some achievements are automatically accessible and were immediately granted upon my loading of the Demon War expansion. For example, my "More than 10 deaths" achievement was granted.

However, my "Rogue Granted Freedom" achievement was not granted until I loaded up my Rogue. Once I loaded up my Rogue, the achievement was granted.

EDIT Another Cosmetic Item

The Rabbit's Paw achievement just reads weird to me.

"Unlocks after having a character with at least +500% magic chance"

I believe how this should read is:

"Unlocks after having a character with at least +500% magic find chance"

Last edited by jeremyosborne : 12-30-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Elite

There should be some in-game info about recharging your teleport stone in either the tooltip text or the help dialogs that pop up for a new character. I'm admittedly not sure if it already is in the help section, but I thought I'd mention it regardless.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Champion

Minor Cosmetic Item

Press "M" to pull up the full page map screen.

The text about the scroll bars at the bottom of the screen, at least on my monitor at my resolution (1600x900) runs out of the right hand side of the gold-band-outline.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Elite

You can apparently still sell items to a vendor when viewing their inventory. I'm not sure this is intentional, but I thought it worth a mention.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Champion

Collision Detection Changes?

My Necromancer is blocked a lot more often by my summoned guys. It makes sense for summoned monsters to take up space, but the pathing algorithm just can't work it's way around my lackeys. It's way more inconvenient than it was before, almost to the point of not being able to use Raise Dead summoned monsters in anything but very open rooms.

Monster Lightning Animation

Had some Saurian mages. They went through the cast motion, but only 1 out of about every 2 or 3 cast motions resulted in a lightning bolt. I took a snap shot, see attached, where my three Raise Dead summons did not produce a lightning bolt from their fingers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0000.jpg (43.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Champion

Pacing?

I'm still playing the very first town, the town that I had almost finished in the non-expansion version of Din's Curse.

I am being bombarded with quest, after quest, after quest, after quest, after quest from the townspeople, not to mention the dungeon has gone super aggro again.

The town is Elite level, I believe level 58, and my character is level 56.

I've been able to handle the speed of difficult towns in the past, and perhaps this isn't normal, but dang, my initial reaction is, "WHOA SLOW DOWN! I can only click the mouse so fast!"

The question: Has the pacing of quests been sped up? Or do I need to start playing Judge Dredd with the bad townspeople?

EDIT (Additional Info)

Maybe this is just a town with a lot of bad seeds, or maybe I should have restarted a new town upon loading the expansion, and I don't normally say this, but the townspeople are making this current game literally unplayable. From the moment I logged out to go play some more after posting this, I had a townsperson go pick a fight with my weaponsmaster. I killed the townsperson. I quite literally walked back to the portal, and then I had ANOTHER person pick a fight as well as someone let ANOTHER scout into the town.

UGH. This is annoying.

Last edited by jeremyosborne : 12-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.