Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Champion

Default Beta Demon War + 1.012 bugs

I'm not sure how fast and furious the patches are going to come out for the expansion, but I thought I'd make a thread. I have done many the bug hunt in my life, and while I'm sure Shadow is very well organized, if all of us could do one of the following:

* Post Demon War + 1.012 specific bugs to this thread.
* Include in your posts if you're reporting bugs from here on out whether the bug is specifically with 1.011 or 1.012 (or of course whatever version the bug is with).
* Or whatever Shadow says that might nullify this post.

Being able to specifically organize bugs by version really does help.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Elite

Yeah, it's probably best to keep everything in one place. I realize now I've reported a number of bugs and other issues across many different threads, and it's probably a pain to go through them all looking for bugs people have found. I'll keep my typo finds in their respective thread though.

I'll compile my current ones here:

1: Demon Gates don't appear to do anything at all. No spawning, no consuming corpses for health, nothing. (1.012)

2: The equipping NPC screen tells us we can only give them cloth, but they'll also wear leather. (1.012)

3: Machines can build new machines. I've had an earthquake machine build an anti-magic machine, for example. I haven't had any machines in my latest town so I can't confirm if this is still an issue. (1.011)

4: The Reaver's Fire Strike ability does physical damage but doesn't do fire damage like the name and description imply. Furthermore, the description leads you to believe it's capable of striking multiple enemies, but I'm not sure if that's true or not (I haven't tried the new class yet). (1.012)

5: I'm not sure if the elemental masteries were meant to do so, but they don't say they affect any of the new skills. The Fire Mage's Fire Mastery skill doesn't say it affects Fire Strike, Fire Ward or Inferno. The same goes for the Ice Mage's Ice Mastery and Ice Ward or the Sorcerer's Lightning Mastery and the Lightning Ward. (1.012)

6: The bestiary doesn't mention the Krall Worker's Demon Mark ability. (1.012)

I'll post more later, I don't have time to add the rest at the moment.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Legend

-lost gate and quests when you return to a game. lost meaning the gates arent there and the quests have to be taken again by you from the quest givers.

-timer given on wards for the warden. Maybe even last a little longer with more points, though not much. The wards dont last long.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Elite

One last issue. In 1.011 I had a townsperson lay a trapdoor trap in town, and it dropped an NPC down to level 3. I was surprised to find there was no quest to rescue said NPC though. I searched level 3 and briefly caught sight of another NPC but I couldn't tell if it was the townie in question because he just vanished a few seconds after I noticed him on the map. No body left behind, no message about him dying, nothing.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
4: The Reaver's Fire Strike ability does physical damage but doesn't do fire damage like the name and description imply. Furthermore, the description leads you to believe it's capable of striking multiple enemies, but I'm not sure if that's true or not (I haven't tried the new class yet). (1.012)
Ok, I made a Reaver and tried it out. The attack definitely hits multiple enemies in an arc in front of the character and it does some fire-based DoT, but neither of these effects are explicitly mentioned in the skill description.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Elite

The Small World option now sometimes works now for me, but usually doesn't. When I choose it among other things in world creation, it doesn't always show up as a modifier, and the dungeons are then average size (7 levels is average right?) (1.012)

Last edited by Nobear : 01-02-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Amateur

Default Frequent explosions environment bug ver 1.1012

I noticed these random magical (purple) explosions ofter finishing off my battles. They we causing damage to my wizard character and all enemies. I couldn't figure out what was causing them until I notice the map says one of the conditions was 'frequent explosions' or something like that. It was helpful on the upper levels, but when I got down to about level 8, they would kill my wizard also. Eventually I get the 'Evil wins because of your incompetence.' message after dying so many times. I start a new town and still see the purple explosions although the map doesn't mention 'frequent explosions' this time.

The bug seems to be:
1. The explosions scale upward too quickly as dungeon level increases, at least for a wizard.
2. The 'frequent explosions' attribute seems to stay turned on when starting a new town.

I have a saved game where the explosions are occurring but shouldn't be if you need it.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Champion

Consolidation of my previous posts:
Quote:
- I have 13 spiders to squash, that is FAAAAR too much running around. Especially with other quests appearing or advancing.
- I saw a spider run out the town walls before I could get it... (EDIT: Saw another go right through the town wall.

- There's a buried treasure unreachable, just beyond a wall. No secret rooms at all.
Quote:
Problems (1.011)
-The town starves a lot. I guess it's because of the food prices but I can't find all the critters to step on... Anyway, I get lots of free reputation when I donate a little money to them. Money needed to save them should increase the longer the food reserves are low.
- Hard to investigate who's the traitor in town... Needs a tutorial.
- Fights stop and come back. Sometimes I can get 6 messages in 2 seconds of fighting stopped and restarted between townspeople.
- Gold quest said to find the townsperson in... level 12. "Talk to the Nike in XXX Level 12 when completed". Level 12 is where I mined, not where the townsperson is. I did search for him there and he wasn't! :P
And my big issue: - quest log not saving during subsequents reloads, have to revisit everyone in town!

Last edited by Ghost Matter : 01-02-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Champion

Default Ring of Purity is Pure

So pure, it doesn't have any visible enhancements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0001.jpg (86.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Expert

I had one like that but before the demon war expansion already