Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Champion

Default Cursed Legendary Sword with Cursed (?) Spell?

This might not be a bug, but the wording is confusing to me.

One of the enhancements for this cursed legendary sword reads:

5.7% chance to cast level 14 Slow (Cursed) on successful hit

If that actually means that slow will be cast on my own character 5.7 percent of the time, can we get that reworded to:

5.7% chance to cast level 14 Slow on wielder of weapon on successful hit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0000.jpg (71.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jeremyosborne : 01-02-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: attached picture
Old 01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
Ok, I made a Reaver and tried it out. The attack definitely hits multiple enemies in an arc in front of the character and it does some fire-based DoT, but neither of these effects are explicitly mentioned in the skill description.
I couldn't manage to get more than one enemy to be affected by fire strike for some reason. It feels as though it should go a little further, otherwise Ravage seems to overshadow it's effectiveness by quite a bit.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Expert

I don't know if it started with the expansion or 1.011 but now doors sometimes show up in the middle of a room or perpendicular to a wall
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
5.7% chance to cast level 14 Slow (Cursed) on successful hit
I think that means the version of the spell used (still on enemies) is weaker than normal, or the chance is lower than usual, but I'm not sure.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanokeKeeper View Post
I noticed these random magical (purple) explosions ofter finishing off my battles. They we causing damage to my wizard character and all enemies. I couldn't figure out what was causing them until I notice the map says one of the conditions was 'frequent explosions' or something like that.
I think the frequent explosions modifier only affects how common explosive barrels are, possibly gas leaks too, but things limited to fire. Correct me if I'm wrong. The arcane explosions are just something you have to be very careful with as a wizard since you've got all these AOE spells that can easily set things off if you're not paying very close attention.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Champion

Got a sleazy wandering gambler. He gambles only with normal items and never leaves my town. Two other wanderers have had time to come and go but the bastard is still here, selling his crap to unsuspecting villagers and heroes.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
I couldn't manage to get more than one enemy to be affected by fire strike for some reason. It feels as though it should go a little further, otherwise Ravage seems to overshadow it's effectiveness by quite a bit.
Weird. It worked pretty well for me, so long as the enemies were right on top of me... I'll mess around with it a bit more against larger enemies and see if that's the issue, as I was fighting imps and other small foes.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Expert

I've had to turn off all the eye candy in the game for it to run properly since this patch...
Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
I've had to turn off all the eye candy in the game for it to run properly since this patch...
I have everything cranked up still, but that's because I have a pretty decent graphics card.

That said, I have noticed a difference in two things:
  • There seems to be occasional delays that I can only attribute to loading new graphics that may have been pushed out of some sort of memory buffer. The time I see the greatest delay is when returning from a long dungeon romp and heading to the vendors. When I open the "trade" window, there is a noticeable delay, around a half second, that never used to be there.
  • The snow and the vortex in the dungeon cause an ever so slight frame rate deduction on my monitor. Din's Curse used to be super screaming fast. Now it's just screaming fast. If there is an FPS display that I've missed, I'll turn it on in troublesome sections and snap some screen shots.

PS. m0stly_harmless, this isn't meant to be a "hey let's compare graphics cards" post. I wanted to take the opportunity to agree with you that there is definitely a difference between the graphics of vanilla din's curse 1.010 and din's curse plus beta patch plus demon's war.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Expert

No worries. I'm not for pissin' contests either. Anyone with a decent pocket calculator can whoop my video card's performance.

That said, it's why my Brother hooked me up with Din's to begin with. It was a decent dungeon crawler that was low on system requirements to play.

And play I did. My last mouse died playing Din's.

That said, I posted the issue cause I feel that it's a bug in this new pack.

I'm all up for progress and innovation, but not when it costs playability. Something changed in the graphics engine and the newtork settings which have made Din's all but unplayable for me now.

And that's my gripe.