Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Expert

Default Too Much

Hi, I really like the new patch and expansion pack. The only thing is I'd like to see things toned down. Seems like there's too much going on in a small space of time. Fights, people getting cursed...etc. Maybe cutting these events in half or putting in a slider for them would be nice. Just my $.02
Old 01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Elite

Try the "Slow Pace" option when you start a new world, that should make a difference. That said, I do agree that some towns are just moving really quickly with tons of quests at a time since the expansion.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Expert

Slow option. Interesting. I'll try it.

I started a new game and had just finished maybe 3.5 levels and all of a sudden I was told I failed the town and had to start a new one. That happened very quickly and I'm not sure what the reason was. Maybe it's now harder to save the town which isn't necessarily a bad thing. More of a challenge. I'm a newbie and playing on normal.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Elite

You fail the town when the Warmaster, Apothecary and Steward are all dead. If you didn't notice, you either missed the really loud and annoying sound of swords clashing and warriors shouting that plays constantly when the town is under attack, which means "get the heck to town NOW!", or someone died from a lingering effect from a previous attack like deadly poison.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Amateur

Yeah I would have to agree with the quest movement. I remember feeling like screaming " save your own freaking town " after given a quest for level 6 and making a speed run from level 4 to 6 only to have it completed before I got there. I enjoyed the demo on normal pace I would just do the main monster kill mission and then enjoy doing a few find this. Then do the hokey pokey here missions. I finally purchased the game out of my enjoyment of the demo and got the expansion while I was at it. I felt good about supporting an indie company then I tried mutiple times to enjoy the Omg speed run or die normal mode and i was so frustrated i was about to return the game and empty it off my hard drive. But upon seeing the developer has already started working hard on this game I'll hold back. No one is perfect but the fact they've addressed issues within 2 days of the problem tells me this is a game I want to hang onto and support.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
You fail the town when the Warmaster, Apothecary and Steward are all dead. If you didn't notice, you either missed the really loud and annoying sound of swords clashing and warriors shouting that plays constantly when the town is under attack, which means "get the heck to town NOW!", or someone died from a lingering effect from a previous attack like deadly poison.
I was in the town at the time I got the town lost message but didn't hear anything. Was unloading my loot. I know all the warmasters, apothecary and steward weren't all dead. When it happened I saw the town under attack flashing but didn't notice it when dealing with the vendor. The town was cursed but I didn't know how to get the curse removed and don't know if that affected losing the town. I think a manual or faq of all the details is needed. Anyhow, the town is dead, long live the next town.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Is the 1.012 patch helping with the things moving too fast issue?
Patreon
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Expert

I haven't played for hours but ad hoc it seems about the same. I'll be playing more later today and will pay attention. For me though it seems more like too much rather than too fast or maybe that's the same.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Champion

It's still in beta so Shadow can take into account your comments. It's much better for me since 1.012 although I had my portal blocked and had to trek back from level 11 to town while it was being attacked. Good thing the assassins were weak.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

To get the full effect of 1.012 you will need to be in a new town though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
It's much better for me since 1.012 although I had my portal blocked and had to trek back from level 11 to town while it was being attacked. Good thing the assassins were weak.
I think I'm going to make this part a little easier soon.
Patreon