Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Is the 1.012 patch helping with the things moving too fast issue?
I noticed a difference, definitely. Started a new town shortly after the latest patch and it's slowed down almost perfectly back to how most of my pre-Demon War towns were.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
When it happened I saw the town under attack flashing but didn't notice it when dealing with the vendor. The town was cursed but I didn't know how to get the curse removed and don't know if that affected losing the town.
I recommend putting the game on Pause (P key by default) when dealing with a vendor, picking up quests if the list is long, or dealing with your Stashes. That will let you focus on these tasks without worrying that your town will go to pot in the meantime. In Multiplayer you can't pause, but you also have more people to help out in emergencies.

As for the curse, there will always be a quest from the Apothecary to cure the curse. The curse doesn't kill people though, it only lowers their stats (and you can catch it too). Some assassins will infect townspeople with Deadly Poison though, which can kill them after the assassin has died.

To everybody: really, try the Slow or Very Slow options before giving up. That's how to turn down the craziness, and it's already built in.

To Shadow: I personally think the pace is great now. When I was playing with 2 other people online, we were even doing Very Fast Pace at level 60+, and it was really fun and crazy but doable. I wouldn't want the very fastest option any slower, and normal is perfect for me when I'm solo.

Last edited by Nobear : 01-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Expert

I just played for a bit. First thing I noticed I needed to input the xpack and game serial numbers again to play. Then I went to my new town. Just one each of the main characters instead of two or three. Not lots of people walking around. Seems like it was before. Didn't play for a long time so don't know how often there are fights and/or quests from the townspeople but the game definitely seems better. Imo a happy medium between the original and before this last patch would work very well.

Pausing when dealing with vendors looks like a very good idea.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Expert

Too much? This is the capture of the end(less) town. 77 quests solved, 20 failed, 3 obsoleted, 3 NPCs died. 100 quests total. A good deal of them were missing shipments of food and water. Also, the town was full of traitors poisoning the water and food, trapping the town, building forbidden gates etc. Every time I'd get the components to make the food/water good again, someone would poison it right away. I'd find the evidence for the Steward only to see him slap some silly fine of 20 CP on the traitor. Eventually a traitor would go rogue and I'd have to kill him/her down in the dungeon. I seriously thought it would never end.

The other JPG is from the first step into level 2 of the dungeon. 30+ Torvas and some Ragnars tossed in (trust me, the hallways were full past the minimap)! Luckily most were turned the other way. They turned-out to be no problem for my Reaver/Thief.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quest.jpg (65.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg horde.jpg (86.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
Also, the town was full of traitors poisoning the water and food, trapping the town, building forbidden gates etc. I'd find the evidence for the Steward only to see him slap some silly fine of 20 CP on the traitor.
And at such low level?? Honestly, I've saved a ton of towns since Demon War by now, and still have never seen any of the things I quoted, even once. I've also not once seen a fight break out whatsoever, or had a townsperson let in a scout, or be banished from town. My towns are always drama free and everyone is a goody two-shoes, whether I put it on Normal, Fast or Very Fast. I'm actually a bit jealous because I'd like to experience this hectic action and these quests, even once. Level 50+s, what kinds of towns are you getting? What's going on here?

Last edited by Nobear : 01-03-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
And at such low level?? Honestly, I've saved a ton of towns since Demon War by now, and still have never seen any of the things I quoted, even once. I've also not once seen a fight break out whatsoever, or had a townsperson let in a scout, or be banished from town. My towns are always drama free and everyone is a goody two-shoes, whether I put it on Normal, Fast or Very Fast. I'm actually a bit jealous because I'd like to see these quests. Level 50+s, what kinds of towns are you getting? What's going on here?
I think I've noticed the same thing. On my level 50+ that parties with you, I don't think I've had a town with those type of townspersons. But, on my other characters all below 40, they've had those type of towns.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Elite

hmm, so maybe the quest and action progression is reversed on accident? I read that Demon War was supposed to have new quests geared towards high level players. Which quests were meant to be geared towards high level?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Expert

Ah crap... actually I don't think my post means anything. I forgot that, since the patch, the only games I've played on my 50+ have been with you in those multiplayer games. My offline time was spent on those other low level characters.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
I recommend putting the game on Pause (P key by default) when dealing with a vendor, picking up quests if the list is long, or dealing with your Stashes.
If you mosey over to the Modding forum, I've got an auto-pause mod that does just that. Caveat: To allow identifying your items (manually), the Inventory screen doesn't pause.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Expert

I confess, my 25th level hunter/trickster (FUN CLASS) is having a bit of trouble with the demons, particularly massive gang-ups when he is discovered sneaking. I tried to make it on an easier level but the xp is meager at best.