Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Expert

I've been playing some more today, I've always played on normal. It seems the pendulum has swung the other way and there's not enough going on so it looks like it could use a bit more tweaking.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdus View Post
I confess, my 25th level hunter/trickster (FUN CLASS) is having a bit of trouble with the demons, particularly massive gang-ups when he is discovered sneaking. I tried to make it on an easier level but the xp is meager at best.
I'm pretty sure the Trickster gets Smokescreen, and if so, invest a point there. When you get swarmed use it immediately and you can easily escape (or carve a path out through your foes if necessary).
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post

As for the curse, there will always be a quest from the Apothecary to cure the curse. The curse doesn't kill people though, it only lowers their stats (and you can catch it too). Some assassins will infect townspeople with Deadly Poison though, which can kill them after the assassin has died.
Not sure how this would work. I went to the apothecary and she didn't have any quests to cure the curse.

Last edited by rich12545 : 01-17-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Champion

Since the game is meant to be played over many towns (and some towns only last an hour or two) I don't mind that the pace varies so much. I actually think some new options are needed to help the game scale up to 5+ players, and playing on normal pace seems tediously slow to me.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
Not sure how this would work. I went to the apothecary and she didn't have any quests to cure the curse.
There are different curses. There is a cursing altar which is a quest from the warmaster. There's an individual has been cursed which is a apothecary curse. There is also a Cursed world modifier that can't be solved.
Patreon
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Expert

Ok, I looked around and found Din had a quest for it so I got the town uncursed. Now it's the plague so I'll be looking around for that lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Champion

Do multiple curses/plagues have any cumulative effect? I've had multiples of both, but people don't seem to die any faster. I didn't check the curse tooltip to see if the penalties were larger.

Being both cursed and having the plague created real tension with the group, since everyone was down about 40% on stats. Great stuff.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnakotus View Post
Do multiple curses/plagues have any cumulative effect? I've had multiples of both, but people don't seem to die any faster. I didn't check the curse tooltip to see if the penalties were larger.
The only way the would stack is if you saw multiple icons.
Patreon