Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Blaze if you're out there say so. Then we'll know if it's a very strange bug or just multiplayer disconnect issues.

Hey Amberjoy, what format do you use for your pics? They are so much higher quality than my jpegs I upload.
I use the "screen capture buttons for my Mac, not any 'in game feature'. Ie , Alt key, shift key and #3 key at the same time. Then I use "GraphicConverter" for the Mac to cut it down to size, save and upload here.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Elite

Ok I use Mac too. What format are your screenshots saved in? Mine are PNG (Portable Network Graphics). You can find out by pressing command-I on the file in Finder. I forget where to change the format which Mac OS uses to save screenshots.

And what format and file size do you end up with after Graphic Converter?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Champion

You can set the screenshots to be saved in PNG inside the game.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Elite

Quest screen with internal game name displayed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quest1.JPG (37.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Elite

Quote:
Ok I use Mac too. What format are your screenshots saved in? Mine are PNG (Portable Network Graphics). You can find out by pressing command-I on the file in Finder. I forget where to change the format which Mac OS uses to save screenshots.

And what format and file size do you end up with after Graphic Converter?
I think its set for png. But when I'm in GraphicConverter I change it to jpg if I'm uploading for here or other forums. I can change the size and cut out only the important parts of the picture to make it smaller or I can go to 'change size' area and make it larger or smaller, go to "Effects" to sharpen the edges/pixels, etc. Then I save it to jpg or whatever for uploading. I love that program. Easy to use. I also use it for my online game at Rpol for maps for my players after using Dundjinni art program for the mapping part to make the big map and then cut it down to size for battles, etc.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Elite

One Elite enemy sent a zombie to attack the town, and I'm pretty sure he came out of a gate. A different Elite enemy sent a skeleton scout after the town almost immediately. When I arrived in town to fight them, the skeleton was destroying the gate and killing the zombies, which is odd considering they should all be allied by virtue of being undead. Then the zombie that the skeleton killed rose from the dead as an Undead Zombie with the undead skin.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Champion

o_0 FloodSpectre

In multiplayer (I didn't see it) a monster who just came out of a gate destroyed the gate itself.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Elite

Another town which won't complete: Ambellin with Bleak Maze. Reloading the game didn't help. The frequency of these towns which won't complete has drastically increased lately. Also, a couple of recent towns haven't completed at first, and then decided to complete suddenly for some unknown reason, while I was just standing around.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Expert

In my experience (which may be different than yours), it's not that the town's won't complete, they just don't complete immediately. I am a completist so I tend to Clear each dungeon level after I've done all the quests; and during those clears, the towns have completed out of the blue.

I've yet to have a town that doesn't ever complete, although in my case they've eventually completed within a hour or two of gameplay; while yours sounds more persistent.

Just throwing my 2 coppers in, in the hopes it helps Shadow shed some light on the problem.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Another town which won't complete: Ambellin with Bleak Maze. Reloading the game didn't help. The frequency of these towns which won't complete has drastically increased lately. Also, a couple of recent towns haven't completed at first, and then decided to complete suddenly for some unknown reason, while I was just standing around.
If reloading won't fix the problem then a posted save game would actually help me track down the issue.
Patreon