Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Expert

Default Typos found, post them here.

I started this thread so there would be one place for all typos found. People have found some typos already but I thought that this way we could keep these separate. Easier to find and also easier not to post one twice.

One I found was creature called Posionmaw. Sounds positively futuristic but probably a typo.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Amateur

Upon finding a secret, the message reads as "Secret found1" instead of "Secret found!"
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flailsnail View Post
Upon finding a secret, the message reads as "Secret found1" instead of "Secret found!"
I found that the exclamation marks look a lot like the number 1. It was especially amusing when I got teleported by a trap to the 9th level and it looked like it said level 91! I nearly choked! Still died before I got a teleporter.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Elite

I was planning on starting this thread myself, but it seems I've been saved the trouble

I only have one more, at the moment. If you highlight "Damage" on the character sheet, the popup has a typo, it's mussing the F in successful.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Elite

Found some new ones.

The help message describing Fragile Items misspells Obsidian twice as Obisidian. On an unrelated note, it seems rather odd to make armor from obsidian, though I could see crystal working, I guess.

Additionally, the Ego Items help message should have a colon after the words "have one thing in common".

When completing a "Destroy the Evil gate" quest, it should probably say "The Evil Gate has been destroyed" (The word the is missing currently).

When speaking to the Apothecary, I was told that "Gods breath created life". I think it should be Gods' in this case.

There are several events that pop up and are missing periods at the end. Primarily, any event ending in the name and floor of the dungeon is missing one, as well as the "Din is looking for an evil artifact" event and the "monster-name-here has plans to raid the town" event. "Failed find plans quest" is also missing a period, and any event of a creature entering into your bestiary is as well. Finally, both successful and failed lock picking attempts and the discovery of a lesser vault are missing punctuation.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
When speaking to the Apothecary, I was told that "Gods breath created life". I think it should be Gods' in this case.
This one can go two ways:
1. single God: God's breath
2. multiple Gods: The Gods' breath (the article the informs the reader to expect a plural)

edit: Ohshi-- just recognized that I was committing an error of my own. As the individual breaths of multiple Gods, it should be the mouthful: The Gods' breaths. If you're going this route, it may be worthwhile to rewrite the sentence.

Last edited by incognoscente : 02-12-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Elite

Good point, I missed the fact that "breath" should be pluralized entirely. I suppose a "the" at the beginning isn't a bad idea either
Old 02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Elite

When I destroy an Earthquake Machine, people will say "Finally! Someone killed Earthquake Machine." While this works fine for unique enemies, it might be good to have a different wording for machines (I suspect this same message comes up for Darkness Machines, but I haven't confirmed it yet). "Someone destroyed that ... Machine.", or something of that sort.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Elite

The tooltip for the numbers displaying the player's current amount of carried items versus the avaiable inventory space (right next to the current amount of gold) says "LootCarryingCapacity"...

Also, the regeneration "buff" that's active while using Din's Altar is labeled as "Lifestone Regeneration".
Granted, its effects are the same as the actual Lifestones' regeneration (healing 6% of health and mana per second), but it would make more sense to call it something like "Din's Blessing" or "Recovering at Din's Altar".

Last edited by Valgor : 02-13-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Elite

The quest description for Destroy the Recon Totem has a few. "The more they know about the town, the more likely the will attack us in same way." This should be "...the more likely they will attack us in some way".

The meeting between monsters quest also has a typo. "They are trying to negotiation a truce." You might also want to have it say "keep them at war." At the end of the description there should be a line break. Currently it ends as "...war on us.Kill monstername (monstertype)" and then breaks for the next monster.