Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Elite

Default Guide on How to Play Drox Operative

I've put together a New Players Guide covering the basics of how to play Drox Operative. Hopefully it will provide enough information to get many new players up to speed on what they need to do to get started playing and win a sector.

This Guide has been added to the Steam Guides (it's Free and you do NOT have to be a steam member to use it). You can access this and other Drox Operative guides on Steam at the following link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=235326147

Last edited by PixelLord : 12-22-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Elite

Just a thumbs up for the Drox aid. I enjoyed the Din's Curse one and used it a lot in the beginning.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Just a thumbs up for the Drox aid. I enjoyed the Din's Curse one and used it a lot in the beginning.
Thanks Amberjoy. I'm working on it most every day now.

I'm hoping the game will have a help button added (to the right of the "Win" button) that will bring up a list of topics. You'd click on a topic to get additional information - which would eliminate the need for most of my help stuff. I think that would work a lot better than having to visit the forum and then find the help stuff there, because many new players might not even visit the forums initially.

Last edited by PixelLord : 08-02-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Amateur

Hi PixelLord,

As a complete newbie to the game I just want to say thank you for your guide. It's great. Is there any chance it could be made into a downloadable PDF for offline printing?

Thanks once again.

Raven
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Elite

Tip for Newbies: Don't get used to the default 'S' Keybind, which is "Thrusters Off"... it's actually a totally wasted, worthless Keybind, because ya can turn your Thrusters On & Off with the "Thrusters On" Keybind, (Default: 'W') so ya can do TWO things with one Keybind & there's 0 circumstances where ya ever need to have Thrusters Off be a separate Keybind. Consider Remapping the S Key as a practice Keybind Change & do something with it you like that fits your Playstyle.

I personally Remapped the '0' Slot to 'S', & keep the 0 Slot filled with Shield Recharge Consumables consumables. I also Remapped the 9 Slot to Shift in combo with the Emergency Nanite Repair, then I found myself adding this game to Steam, & using the Steam Overlay in-game from time to time... this is activated with Shift + Tab, & the Keybind ran afoul of this... Shift + Tab would waste a Shield Regen Consumable everytime I turned the Steam Overlay on... so I then Remapped to 'F', & retrained myself in this. Now, when i'm getting banged up & need to recover with my Consumables, I press S & F to do so to recover my Health, Armor, & Shields all at once! (Typically when i'm beginning to take Structure Damage, but if I notice myself getting hit DAMN hard, i'll Recover with my Consumables during the Armor Damage instead to play it safe.)

(Edit: Oops, I had my Consumable Item Locations switched by mistake compared to where they actually were... derp. My RL Memory sucks buggers... Fixed now. I also meant to mention that I have the '8' Slot Mapped to Left Alt & keep that filled with the Thruster Boost Consumable for times when you're fighting something stupidly fast & dangerous... or rarely for quick getaways.)

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 03-04-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo, & added to Post.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:25 AM
Amateur

It's been a while I played Drox, I just can't remember how I customized my controls.
I'm getting along, but I'm wasting too much consumables. At the moment I'm
steering with the mouse, on occasion with the keyboard, I think it's definitely
this. I feel that my responsiveness suffers from it, also I have the faint memory
that very often I ran away from three dozen enemies that joined together,
throwing mines at them as if it never got out of fashion.

I'll be happy to have look at the guide. I have a ship at level 50, although
I'm having more fun than can be healthy, I think I'm doing everything wrong
in regards of skill points and equipment. I wouldn't say my weapons don't
even scratch the paint of race ships but, well, that's exactly what they
do. So I was flying them to my allies constantly, only lowering their attack
with emp, almost dying with consumable only just saving me.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Amateur

It is possible to aquire crewpoints other than leveling up? Completing Drox quest or something for example.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pityesz View Post
It is possible to aquire crewpoints other than leveling up? Completing Drox quest or something for example.
Just leveling up.
Patreon
Old 06-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pityesz View Post

You can modify how many crew points you get each time you level, in the modding thread, you can find this post http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24787
Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Amateur

Oh I see, thanks for the info.