Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Expert

Well...i've never encountered such problems and i'm a lvl 40 warrior? At what levels did you encountered those issues?
Am i just lucky or it has to do with something else?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Expert

Default Reaction

What decides a town invasion? Is it that the quests are taking too long? All the major quests seem to be going on about 3 levels down and I just cannot get to them in time.

Suggestions?

V
Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

In version 1.011 this will actually change a bit. Instead of attacking directly in the center of town the attacks will happen on the edge.

Town attacks start from something else threatening like bosses, unique monsters, uprisings, etc.
Patreon
Old 12-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Amateur

I think having the baddies comes from one of the corners is a great fix. I can live without a gambler.

One other suggestion - could we have something that regenerates the town portal? Maybe like the extra life drop in Kivi's?

For my $.02, Max's idea sounds good to me.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
In version 1.011 this will actually change a bit. Instead of attacking directly in the center of town the attacks will happen on the edge.
I am looking forward to this. I prevented the recently-more-odd killer town attack about 10 minutes ago.

Giant Sand Amorph with +50% physical damage. If I wasn't in the town already, and if he hadn't spawned in the corner, I don't like to think what would have happened.

Casualty List:
1 regular reanimated monster (I forget what type)
2 champion reanimated monsters (level 53 zombies, if I remember right)
3 Townspeople, the two I saw went down in 1 or 2 hits
1 death of my own character

This took place in about 40 seconds, including my run back to the amorph from the middle of town after I died. Glad the amorph didn't spawn in the middle of town.

I really don't care that I died, it's a fact life in this game. But if I'm allowed to vote, I like the idea that various people have proposed where we can beef up the townspeople, either by rescuing better equipped adventurers from the dungeon or even helping to build a town militia.

There is no better saint than those who not only help people, but those who help people to help themselves.

Another thought: new type of job, or NPC, that asks me to excavate the dungeon for supplies. NPC could give me the choice of selling the spoils for cold hard cash or donating to the town's armory. Items in the armory would pass to those less fortunate, a sort of trickle down theory for items, and something fun to do with all the many items I only pick up in order to sell to those wealthy, fat, greedy merchants. Once the items are donated, they are gone. They go to benefit the town only, no additional xp, no additional gold, no additional reputation.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
Another thought: new type of job, or NPC, that asks me to excavate the dungeon for supplies.
I've had a similar idea for a while, I think I may have mentioned it in a post at some point. Anyways, my idea was to actually claim lifestones from the dungeon and bring them into the town for use by the townsfolk. In the DoP/Din's world I was always under the impression that they were rare and valuable stones, so I could see why the town would want us to claim a few for them.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by savatage View Post
One other suggestion - could we have something that regenerates the town portal? Maybe like the extra life drop in Kivi's?
There is a quest in the expansion that can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
I really don't care that I died, it's a fact life in this game. But if I'm allowed to vote, I like the idea that various people have proposed where we can beef up the townspeople, either by rescuing better equipped adventurers from the dungeon or even helping to build a town militia.
In the expansion, you can equip the NPCs with better armor.
Patreon