Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Champion

Default game lose bug

I had already won the sector, with legend win, but decided to have some fun and kill some planets. The 10min timer showed up, but not really a problem since I had that icon on the right hand corner of the screen to leave the sector and go to the next one. Problem is when I quit and resumed the game, the icon didn't reappear. It looks like the game lost the previous legend points which had initially won the sector, and used the current legend points which was far lower cause of blown up planets/ships.

Just wanted to add this is in v1.020. Quitting and resuming a game with a timer worked fine in previous versions, didn't lose the 'win'

Last edited by Yindo : 08-30-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Elite

No, this has been around forever. If you quit, you will not be able get your win back unless you have the criteria for a win met. It doesn't have to be the same win, i.e. the original win could have been legend, but getting the fear requirements will give you the win icon again, and strangely enough the win will be recorded as legend.

If you have not lost the sector yet, and actually care about getting a win as opposed to a loss, use ceasefire to stop the counter and improve your relation with the race you aren't fighting by blowing monsters near their planets, or following and defending their civilian ships.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
No, this has been around forever. If you quit, you will not be able get your win back unless you have the criteria for a win met. It doesn't have to be the same win, i.e. the original win could have been legend, but getting the fear requirements will give you the win icon again, and strangely enough the win will be recorded as legend.

If you have not lost the sector yet, and actually care about getting a win as opposed to a loss, use ceasefire to stop the counter and improve your relation with the race you aren't fighting by blowing monsters near their planets, or following and defending their civilian ships.
Interesting didn't know that. Too late to get a ceasefire though, eliminated the remaining race. Was a few points shy of the fear win. I really think there should be a win option for eliminating every race.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yindo View Post
Interesting didn't know that. Too late to get a ceasefire though, eliminated the remaining race. Was a few points shy of the fear win. I really think there should be a win option for eliminating every race.
The objective of the Drox Operatives is to make big bucks, become powerful, & make it clear to the other Races that they can't make do without the Drox Guild, not to commit mass genocide & eliminate all life from the Universe. XD
Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Elite

Quote:
I really think there should be a win option for eliminating every race.
It used to be that killing everyone gave you a diplomatic victory. I had a good laugh when I found out. So did a few reviewers, and I guess it got changed.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
The objective of the Drox Operatives is to make big bucks, become powerful, & make it clear to the other Races that they can't make do without the Drox Guild, not to commit mass genocide & eliminate all life from the Universe. XD
When they fail to follow the Drox Operative, extinction must be the result!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
It used to be that killing everyone gave you a diplomatic victory. I had a good laugh when I found out. So did a few reviewers, and I guess it got changed.
I'm among those that stumbled onto that & Reported it as a Bug, because how the buggers does one go about being diplomatically victorious in a Sector that has no more Civilized Life to be diplomatic with? Plus, total genocide is also not the definition of 'Diplomatic'...
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
I'm among those that stumbled onto that & Reported it as a Bug, because how the buggers does one go about being diplomatically victorious in a Sector that has no more Civilized Life to be diplomatic with? Plus, total genocide is also not the definition of 'Diplomatic'...
I think it would be appropriate for a Fear Win.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Elite

Quote:
I think it would be appropriate for a Fear Win.
I once thought so too... till it occurred to me that with no Races left in the game, who is there LEFT to do the fearing you & the Drox Operative Guild?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Champion

Quote:
I once thought so too... till it occurred to me that with no Races left in the game, who is there LEFT to do the fearing you & the Drox Operative Guild?
The races in the sector next door. It sends the message to them, don't mess with this operative.