Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Expert

Default 1.021 bug Alliance Drox Guild Quest

I received a Drox Guild Quest to form an alliance with Shadow when I already had an alliance with Shadow. I accepted the quest but could not complete it. So I ended the treaty, then reestablished the alliance, and I was then able to complete the quest.

I think it would be better if the Drox Guild could not order you to form treaties that you already have in place. (Or, if they do, then you should be able to complete the quest immediately.)

Last edited by wrestless : 09-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Elite

On a related note, I just played the Challenge Sector involving the various kinds of Drakk Races at perma-war with each other, while receiving a Drox Order to form an Alliance between the Drakk & the Clones... an impossible task because there's no way in hell to get the Dragon Races to quit warring in that Challenge Sector. How does the Drox Guild expect me to form an Alliance between 2 Races that CAN'T even declare peace between each other...? :/
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
On a related note, I just played the Challenge Sector involving the various kinds of Drakk Races at perma-war with each other, while receiving a Drox Order to form an Alliance between the Drakk & the Clones... an impossible task because there's no way in hell to get the Dragon Races to quit warring in that Challenge Sector. How does the Drox Guild expect me to form an Alliance between 2 Races that CAN'T even declare peace between each other...? :/
Assuming I'm not forgetting anything, they aren't permanent wars. They aren't likely to stop warring, but they can.
Patreon
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Assuming I'm not forgetting anything, they aren't permanent wars. They aren't likely to stop warring, but they can.
I Positived Rumor'd them to hell & back repeatedly trying to keep their Relations with each other at 52.5 for entire minutes, but they refused to ever Declare Peace no matter how long I kept at it... I eventually gave up at it.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
I Positived Rumor'd them to hell & back repeatedly trying to keep their Relations with each other at 52.5 for entire minutes, but they refused to ever Declare Peace no matter how long I kept at it... I eventually gave up at it.
I'll look at it.
Patreon
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Elite

This bug can happen the other way around as well - you can be ordered to start a war between two races, and the quest does not register as complete just because the two are already at each other's throats.

It's very expensive to broker a peace between two races that have 0 relations to each other.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

I've added new checks for the alliance, start war, and build alliance quests that will show up in 1.022.
Patreon
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Elite

How quickly Drox Operatives work:

How their orders are generated:

Last edited by Tuidjy : 09-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.