Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Expert

Just a thought here...I would actually recommend rolling back to an older driver - I have the nVidia GTS 250 1GB card, and if I run any driver newer than 295.73 (in both Vista and 7 32-bit), I have errors/game crashes/system freezing.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Expert

Opening and closing did not help haha

how would i revert to older drivers? and wouldnt that slow down my computer as well? Or have adverse effects?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueSS View Post
Opening and closing did not help haha

how would i revert to older drivers? and wouldnt that slow down my computer as well? Or have adverse effects?
I've been running the 2-yr old drivers on my rig for the past...2 years. Every now and again, I'll try a new driver, and experience freezing/PC crashing errors. So I roll it back to the driver mentioned above, and I'm solid again. I just had to rebuild my PC a few weeks back with a new hard drive, and upgraded from Vist to 7, and had issues until I rolled back the driver.

As far as the how, I would go to nVidia's website, and search for that driver version (or just google it).

Download it, scan it (paranoia check for spyware/viruses), and when you go to install it, make sure you choose the custom install option. There will be a box to check to completely uninstall the existing driver before installing the one you've downloaded. This helps to make sure it's a clean install.

If it doesn't resolve your issue, you can always install the newer version again, as nVidia has made it pretty user-friendly to do so.

Hope this helps!

*EDIT* of course, you should make sure that the driver is compatible with your card - that I haven't verified, but I believe it's in the same line as mine.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, try this:

1) Download the 1.030 beta patch from http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html
2) Install the beta patch and change the directory to where Steam has DC installed (mine's at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Din's Curse). Make sure the installer doesn't tack on an extra Din's Curse on to the path.
3) Run the game once and then exit
4) Open up user.cfg which should be in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User
5) Find r_postponeTextureUpload and change the value next to it to 1
6) Run the game again and see if the textures load/display correctly.
Patreon
Old 03-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Expert

uhh guys... I figured it out... the fact that evolve client was open is the reason that this is fucking up... Lol, thanks so much for all your help though I really appreciate it
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueSS View Post
uhh guys... I figured it out... the fact that evolve client was open is the reason that this is fucking up... Lol, thanks so much for all your help though I really appreciate it
Thanks for updating us on the solution.
Patreon