Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2015, 05:35 AM
Champion

I'm not sure if i like the game or not. I've mostly played Drox, and only a few hours of Din's Curse or Depths of Peril later.

In Drox, the arts were not excellent, but they were enough, because it was spaceships, space backgrounds, space stations... About Zombasite, i feel the art is quite ugly, not because of low poly or effects, but because of the colors, shapes or things, etc. So my first complain would be about the "art", not the "technical".

Second rant is about the zombie part of the game. My very first thought was "oh noooo, no more zombie, please !". Then i bought it anyway because i've liked Drox and Soldak updates so far. The zombie part feel completly useless. They are just some different monsters, actually like others, with some variations. So, why zombie ? So many different settings can be imagined for an hack'n'slash... So my second complain would be about the setting, not attractive at all to me.

Third is the maps. They feel very confused and confusing. The link to go from one to another doesn't appear to be so logical to me, and the map are quite, hm... randomly random. Same for monsters, plants, and everything. So, my last complain would be about the randomness of the world, nothing seem to be "spacial" about it, exploration is not very appealing to me, and it's my favorite thing to do in mostly all kind of games.

All the Soldak's games signature are fine to me : the world feel alive, with events occuring with or without the player, growing monsters, dynamic quests... but i don't know, the game feels too much "like the others, but somehow different". So it's a mix of all with the best of them packed in one single game, but i've already played the others.

I've mixed feelings so far.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
Death knight, what exactly is tripping you?

I have gotten half a dozen hardcore characters to level 25-30, and I have absolutely no problem with offense, even if I only spend one third of my skill points on that (the rest goes to defense, and is still woefully inadequate)

There are monstrous offensive combos, even while sticking to basic classes. If you go hybrid, you can EASILY make melee characters that exceed their hit points in a single attack's weapon damage.
I know how to make my chars, its just the fact that there are no vendors which means you have to grind a ton just to find something good. I am using items that are crappy because the game gives you no vendors to buy stuff. How are you supposed to get good items if there are no vendors throughout the game?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Elite

Then I must have been lucky with my characters. By level 30, I usually have found at least 10-20 unique items, 3-4 of which I useful to my character. It this has held for all six of the guys in my graveyard, and the one that is still kicking.

I just kill stuff, man
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I know how to make my chars, its just the fact that there are no vendors which means you have to grind a ton just to find something good. I am using items that are crappy because the game gives you no vendors to buy stuff. How are you supposed to get good items if there are no vendors throughout the game?
Vendors will become a bit more common in the next build, but you should be able to get decent items through killing monsters and/or crafting.
Patreon
Old 11-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Legend

I am not sure what you are saying. Crafting doesn't really do anything. A +1 to armor or weapon doesn't change much and from what I can gather it is best used to repair items with crafting.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Elite

+2 to base weapon damage per character level, improved by +ego bonus, +damage bonus, +max damage bonus is INSANE! Crafting allows me to manufacture awesome weapons already, by slotting the right gems.

Of course, I just learned that upgrading can break your item, which will make me rethink whether I will ever try to upgrade anything... as well as when I should try to repair, if at all.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-11-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:10 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I am not sure what you are saying. Crafting doesn't really do anything. A +1 to armor or weapon doesn't change much and from what I can gather it is best used to repair items with crafting.
Using the higher tier crafting materials is key. I usually stick to Arcane Essences to enhance items that already have enchantments that I want on them, but you could also try your luck with Orbs of Fortune and/or Dusts of Destiny to fill gaps in your current equipment. And if you haven't maxed out your item, Alteration Shards are nice if you have a useful gem to socket.

Grindstones and Armor Scraps are fine for little boosts in higher value gear (and only useful for repairing lower value gear), but they're not going to be game-changers.

I am typically a hoarder of things, so I have to force myself to use the crafting materials rather than sitting on them "just in case". There's no lack of equipment to salvage for more, that's for sure.