Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Expert

I've ran into a bizarre issue. The town I am in has 14 levels, currently I can only get to level 7. This is because....there doesn't seem to be any to get to level 8 from level 7. I've looked EVERYWHERE for hidden walls/etc, there is just no stairs to the next level. I even checked every inch of the previous levels for unknown gates, but they don't take me past level 7. The town isn't saved yet either.

Is it possible for a level to spawn with no way to get to the next level?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasisbhrnw View Post
I've ran into a bizarre issue. The town I am in has 14 levels, currently I can only get to level 7. This is because....there doesn't seem to be any to get to level 8 from level 7. I've looked EVERYWHERE for hidden walls/etc, there is just no stairs to the next level. I even checked every inch of the previous levels for unknown gates, but they don't take me past level 7. The town isn't saved yet either.

Is it possible for a level to spawn with no way to get to the next level?
No, I don't believe so. Yes, it's possible that you are experiencing some strange bug, but I believe that you might be missing a secret room (illusionary walls) or something. If you haven't already, read this stuff: http://www.stephenhornback.com/id84.html If this doesn't help, you might have to abandon that town. There probably REALLY IS a way to get through level 7. Hope you find it.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Elite

And.... Damn I love this game!!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
No, I don't believe so. Yes, it's possible that you are experiencing some strange bug, but I believe that you might be missing a secret room (illusionary walls) or something. If you haven't already, read this stuff: http://www.stephenhornback.com/id84.html If this doesn't help, you might have to abandon that town. There probably REALLY IS a way to get through level 7. Hope you find it.
I found it! The graphic on that link that you sent me helped me figure out where to look. Thanks!

This game gets better and better the more I play it.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Expert

Can you get elite/artifact items from gambling?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Legend

Yes i believe that you can. In depths of peril, i once gambled and got an artifact twohanded sword just for 20 silver coins
Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Amateur

Default upgrading weapons skills

Hello,

I am entirely new to RPGs, but games like Din's Curse and Torchlight have made me desperately want to sink my teeth into them.

I have been playing through thew Din's Curse demo and have made as far as Savage Lair level 6. My question is: how do I upgrade my weapons skills. I have added a few to my inventory, but run into requires such strength or axe, two handed sword, etc skill... So far I have been able to use a club, though I have found/purchased knives, bows, two handed swords etc.

Also, when I start the game, I select priest for my character, but he looks like the hybrid. Do the all start out this way?

I am a Mac user with an old single click mouse, so I am using command-click rather than right click, but this seems to work fine for eating fruit, health potions. etc; though I have a right clicking optical mouse on the way.

Incidentally, it runs nicely on my older Mac, an old dual 1GHz G4/867 SDRAM, running 10.5.7.

Thanks in advance for any help. Great game so far!!

Jim
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Amateur

Default additional

Looking back at my own post, I did find a way to upgrade my strength to 12 (I think), but did not see any way to updgrade the weapons skills.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabyss78 View Post
I am entirely new to RPGs, but games like Din's Curse and Torchlight have made me desperately want to sink my teeth into them.

I have been playing through thew Din's Curse demo and have made as far as Savage Lair level 6. My question is: how do I upgrade my weapons skills. I have added a few to my inventory, but run into requires such strength or axe, two handed sword, etc skill... So far I have been able to use a club, though I have found/purchased knives, bows, two handed swords etc.

Also, when I start the game, I select priest for my character, but he looks like the hybrid. Do the all start out this way?

I am a Mac user with an old single click mouse, so I am using command-click rather than right click, but this seems to work fine for eating fruit, health potions. etc; though I have a right clicking optical mouse on the way.
Welcome to our forums and RPGs Jim!

Different classes can use different weapon types. In general, warrior types can use the most types and mage types the least. Priests can only use mace and staff type weapons.

The classes do look similar at the start. As you level up they look a bit different based on what kinds of weapons and armor you equip.

Whenever the game says right click, command-click should work.
Patreon
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Amateur

Default Thanks and one more

Thanks for your help. That explains a lot.

So do I have to start fro scratch, or can I swap out characters somehow.

I am getting CRUSHED on level six by all of those big Torvas (???) and fire guys.

Thanks again!