Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Something's wrong with fear. My raised creatures suddenly get fearful for no reason at all. It happens randomly in the caverns, and here it is happening as I charge up at Din's Altar.
I have seen and mentioned this recently. It does seem buggy at times.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Expert

I had a message where a character was starving and she had the red quest icon over her head but I could not left click to donate money. The left click on her did nothing. Then a second or two later a barbarian raid cured her starvation. Left clicking other town people worked ok.
Attached Files
File Type: zip romwelly.zip (20.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Champion

Was playing a town on 1.022 that failed after someone from town set up traps. As far as I can tell, none of the quest givers were killed. As soon as the 'traps in town' message came up, the town was failed. Let me know if I didn't upload the correct files or if I forgot something.
Attached Files
File Type: zip s Char 2.zip (31.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Amateur

well, since the 1.022 my girlfriend is experiencing a huge performance drop on her computer, we have tried different settings but nothing could help unfortunately.

is there a way to get back to 1.021 or lower for test purpose ?

edit : mmm sorry my bad, i have found the issue, her laptop was in "save energy" mode and it seem this was slowering the game. sorry again and have a nice day !

Last edited by Despair : 02-19-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Legend

I just noticed that I can choose passive skills and place them in my toolbar. This probably shouldn't be allowed -- you shouldn't be able to pick them up. The same applies to skills you don't yet have.

Also, when hovering over a skill in my toolbar, the tooltip says delete will remove the skill, but it doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Another useful thing to do would be to remove the 'At level(1)' from skills that cannot be improved at all. I know it already says the skill is maxed out, but it'll help remove some of the initial confusion from Din's skill tree.

Last edited by Bluddy : 02-20-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:02 AM
Champion

Default Trapped because of lure

This one was of my own foolishness. I spawned a Lure in a hallway and am now unable to pass.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TrappedLure.zip (12.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Elite

Default Not won: No apparent quests

The last official quest I had was a double: 2 "get evidence about a thief" type quests in-town. There was only 1 piece of evidence I could find. The other one "failed" because the evidence (that I couldn't find, in a pretty open town map) was destroyed.

With that quest fail, there are no other quests that I know of (in town). Are there ever required quests given in the dungeon themselves? How would I know where to find it?

Attached is the character/save file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoQuests.zip (30.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Expert

Crisses, I've had that happen once or twice, after a few minutes waiting it gave me the won town screen. Apart from that, don't the warmaster, steward and apothecary need to be alive to win ? If you are missing one that might be it ?

Edit: Ok, had a look at the save and after a few minutes a rescue quest popped up at the steward. I'm attaching the save.

Should this be possible ? I think a grace period of a few minutes after town creation wouldn't be too bad for town attacks.

00:00:00 - Welcome to Falsith!
00:00:00 - Known World Modifiers: Fire Hazard, Poor Town, Spiders, Very Fast Pace, Fast NPC Pace
00:00:00 - Mining operations have halted
00:00:00 - An altar has been built to serve the god Hamlec.
00:00:00 - The town is working on a Defensive Poison Totem.
00:00:00 - The town needs more Blood Marble Chunks.
00:00:00 - A personal delivery needs to be made to Lion.
00:00:00 - Ani is looking for a fabled relic.
00:00:00 - An altar has been built to serve the goddess Erillin.
00:00:00 - Bloodstrike (an Amber Vortar Raider) is building a Temporal Flux machine.
00:00:00 - Discovered an earthquake machine.
00:00:00 - Carshanley needs to be rescued.
00:00:00 - Carnage Clan Orc Shaman are attacking the town!
00:00:00 - Lightning Bolt is now boss of Vicious Chambers lvl 7.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bones.zip (25.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Nim : 02-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
The last official quest I had was a double: 2 "get evidence about a thief" type quests in-town. There was only 1 piece of evidence I could find. The other one "failed" because the evidence (that I couldn't find, in a pretty open town map) was destroyed.

With that quest fail, there are no other quests that I know of (in town). Are there ever required quests given in the dungeon themselves? How would I know where to find it?

Attached is the character/save file.
Other reasons for town not saving may be: I once had a note in my inventory with a quest that had to be solved, but I doubt that was your problem. Also, a few versions back, I had a regular NPC who had a mandatory quest. I've also had no quests left, as you described, and then have the "town saved" come up many minutes later.

I've also had the double quest for the same thing and could only find one note.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
Other reasons for town not saving may be: I once had a note in my inventory with a quest that had to be solved, but I doubt that was your problem. Also, a few versions back, I had a regular NPC who had a mandatory quest. I've also had no quests left, as you described, and then have the "town saved" come up many minutes later.

I've also had the double quest for the same thing and could only find one note.
Well, there were under 10 townies + the quest givers in the town, and no one had any quest bubbles -- with the improved quest indicators on the mini-map I can pretty much say "there were no quests in town".

The rescue notes/plans/treasure maps one puts in one's inventory are for optional quests, I believe. You can put them in your stash, save them until another town, etc. They have a level associated with them -- if you're too low level they're "just gibberish". There are no required quest items to my knowledge that require inventory slots. You can collect 1,000 pixie ears, 2,000 torvah shaman masks and etc. then bring all the bootie back to camp without anything to show for it other than someone's happy exclamation point.

And someone else looked at the save and "after a few minutes a new quest came up" -- I think that's just a random quest event. I believe all the required events were completed which should trigger the "Town Saved" bell & a treasure chest. Hence I think it's a bug.