Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Amateur

Default Why must all races start in the first solar system???

Ok, I've playe about 20 games now and in EVERY game, all the races home planets are in the first solar system where your stash is. It makes things too cluttered and wars break out before you even have a chance to do any questing. Is this intended or does it have to do with the settings I choose?
(usually small sector, slow pace, and random races/random development)
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Amateur

Using Normal, Small Sector, Home Planet Only, Random - I've never seen this happen. This is with about a dozen game under my belt.

Are you using the latest build?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Elite

Yeah, leaving all settings as defaults, the most I have ever seen in a start sector was one race. Most of the time, I don't even get one.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Expert

Interesting.

I've played many games myself. When I generate a new sector, I don't get what you get. But, the game still does things the same way for me every time.

1. I start out with one race in the same solar system as me.
2. The game then picks a far away solar system and places the rest of the races there in that one system.

I played with the settings when making sectors. I did a challenge sector. It still does the above 2 things every time.

I'm curious about solar systems, too. I wonder how the game lays out solar systems for different people. Call me crazy, but when I'm exploring my sectors, it feels more like I'm exploring a cave instead of a section of the galaxy.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Amateur

I've seen this happen every time I started a Small sector with 3 races and early development. All three races had at least one planet in the system I started in.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Expert

I have the same problem. =)

I like to have a huge galaxy in that the races expand a little time till they meet other's. With all Races in one System, war comes quick and if a race are strong and lucky they overrun the others and i have so little time to do anything. And a diplomat win, i dont see any chance of it, the same with the "fear"-win if i kill race-ships one race will quickly the only race left. And i dont can kill defender of a planet and maybe "invader"-ships from a other race at the same time or i like to lose(all race at war).

Startsettings are most huge galaxy, max races, slow pace and homeplanet only. And i get always all races in 1 system and funny, maybe even not max races(4 or 5 but not 6).
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Amateur

Well I give up. I've tried starting around 5 new games with all different settings including all random, and every single time, all the races are in the first solar system. And to make matters worse, there are almost always 2-3 races whose home planets are literally only 2 inches screen distance away from each other.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Amateur

Have you also tried the option "Home planet only"?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
Have you also tried the option "Home planet only"?
Yes I have, a few times.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

This is possible in general, but it really shouldn't happen too often. For example I just started a tiny, 6 race, home system only sector and the races started in 4 different systems.

It is possible that the races that are starting in a different system get destroyed before you locate them, so you never get a chance to learn that they were somewhere else.
Patreon