Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Champion

Default Cargo Bays

Ive found 3 Cargo Bays in the game altogether and I found them all before lvl 11. At lvl 31 it seems I spend most of my time flying back and forth to planets cuz my bags are full all the time. I cant stock up anything in the shared bank cuz I got no spare bays.
Im playing Cortex (only 1 “build”) and using latest version (1.13) if that makes any difference.
Maybe im just extremely unlucky, but i played since beta and noticed no difference. Anyone else having these issues?

Regarding failed Quests - is there a reason failed quests aren't auto cleared?
Suggestion: Auto clear failed Quests so you can pickup new ones without needing to bring up the Quest log (/delete failed quest).

Last edited by graffen69 : 08-05-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Amateur

Level 66 at the moment, only found enough cargo bays to fill the ship.
Can's use either stashes because I don't have cargo bays, it's a bitch.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Champion

Ok, then its definitely not just me. Seems odd, since the bag drop from former Soldak games (DoP/DC) wasnt a hazzle. Or maybe it was in the early game?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffen69 View Post
Ok, then its definitely not just me. Seems odd, since the bag drop from former Soldak games (DoP/DC) wasnt a hazzle. Or maybe it was in the early game?
Inventory bags have been a huge complaint in Din's Curse, even though their drop rates weren't that low. In DoP they weren't an issue because you could trade from anywhere.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Champion

Uhmm, is this gonna be addressed soon?
Still have Drox O. on hold until there's enough cargo to actually play the game.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Larger cargo bays got a drop chance boost in 0.917 and their icons where made more obvious also in one of the more recent patches.
Patreon
Old 08-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Elite

I've found only 1 medium bay in the past 2 days of playing, and still haven't seen a single large bay yet (level 18 ship); so you may still want to tweak the drop rates up a bit for the larger bays.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Expert

Why not make cargo bays one of the level up rewards if the player's inventory space doesn't meet a specific value?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTraveler View Post
Why not make cargo bays one of the level up rewards if the player's inventory space doesn't meet a specific value?
From a game-design and gameplay perspective, does cargo bays actually add anything of value? All it does is prevent you to pick up all the loot that drops, easily circumvented by going multiple trips. This is made even easier if there are planets nearby.

All in all, it's just an artifical limit of what you can carry at any one time, for no reason at all. I've really never understood inventory systems that "grow" over time, unless it impacts actual gameplay: See Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for an example where inventory size affects gameplay (your choice of carried weapon and gear).

In Din's and Drox, it really brings nothing to the table. Or am I missing anything vital here?

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is, why limit inventory space for beginning characters at all? Why not simply let everyone have an inventory that houses a set number of slots comparable to a high level character. Say, someone with 4 very large or what they are called. 12x5 total.

Last edited by Moonshine Fox : 08-29-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
From a game-design and gameplay perspective, does cargo bays actually add anything of value? All it does is prevent you to pick up all the loot that drops, easily circumvented by going multiple trips. This is made even easier if there are planets nearby.

All in all, it's just an artifical limit of what you can carry at any one time, for no reason at all. I've really never understood inventory systems that "grow" over time, unless it impacts actual gameplay: See Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for an example where inventory size affects gameplay (your choice of carried weapon and gear).

In Din's and Drox, it really brings nothing to the table. Or am I missing anything vital here?
Unless one enjoys making many trips back to town or planet then it's perfectly viable to seek more inventory space.

I played Deus Ex. One of my all time favorite games. Your comparison has no relevance. Deus Ex's style is completely different from that of a Soldek Entertainment game. To name just a few items, Deus Ex had neither the amount of drops, nor the many groups of enemies that Soldek Entertainment games do.

Last edited by DarkTraveler : 08-29-2012 at 01:13 PM.