Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Expert

Default Berserk - Skill Information

I read the skill Berserk's information and it's throwing me off a bit, is the +attack/damage referring to the attack itself or the DPS? Does this truly hit for less than a regular attack?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Champion

DPS is derived from damage (average damage divided by swing time), so the first part of the answer is "both."

As with any special attack skill, Berserk's attack time is divided by the normal swing time to get the multiplier for the actual damage roll, which is subject to the skill's damage bonus, if any.

If you're not using an accelerated dagger or highly accelerated 1h sword, your normal swing time is greater than Berserk's 0.6 s, meaning Berserk may well put up a number smaller than your normal swing's would. The 25% and up damage bonus still makes Berserk do more damage in a given time (what DPS can be used to figure) than the normal swing.

Aside from the extra damage, fast attacks are always desirable in this game. Beating an opponent to the punch often results in killing him before he can hurt you. If you don't kill him with the first hit or he has buddies, Berserk's Defense penalty might just get you hit/killed when you otherwise wouldn't. It's a tradeoff.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Expert

So DPS, okay, thanks.

I might still use this, it is certainly one of the faster attacks in the game and lest I'm mistaken it holds the throne for THE fastest skill in the game.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Amateur

I've been playing a Gladiator/Reaver for about a week now(lv 33) and Berserk is my bread a butter. Add Two Handed mastery from the Reaver and I find my dps is simply awesome.

Other than Armor Focus, I have been relying on offense skills for the most part with this hybrid. I know I'll need to adjust my headfirst-into-the-fray combat tactics soon though as the baddies are hitting harder each level...might be time to try out Terrorize since I've seen it praised as Reavers go to skill.

Long story short, I'm finding the decreased dmg per swing is easily compensated by the ridiculously fast attack speed of Berserk.