Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Expert

Default questions

1. When the experience bar is pulsating, does that indicate only recently-gained experience or that you have a brief bonus to experience gained?
2. Do NPCs gain bonuses from set items? (I could test this if I had a leather or cloth set that gave a vitality bonus with 2+ items.)
3. How many "Yuxi's" items are there? The gloves seem relatively common, but I ran across some boots that give a bonus to stun.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigrav View Post
1. When the experience bar is pulsating, does that indicate only recently-gained experience or that you have a brief bonus to experience gained?
2. Do NPCs gain bonuses from set items? (I could test this if I had a leather or cloth set that gave a vitality bonus with 2+ items.)
3. How many "Yuxi's" items are there? The gloves seem relatively common, but I ran across some boots that give a bonus to stun.
1. I thought that meant that you were really close to a level up.

3. I think if you mouse over a set item, it lists all of the items in the set, and the bonuses you get for the number of items.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Elite

1) The pulse begins at a specific percentage of the way towards a level-up (95% I think)
2) Interesting. I don't know for sure, but my guess would be yes.
3) There are three Yuxi pieces: boots, gloves, and a ring. They are individual items and are not part of a set.

Last edited by Caal : 08-13-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Champion

1. It means you're within about 10% of leveling up.
3. Not every named item is part of an official set, and even some named items with the name of a set aren't part of that set.* As mentioned, Yuxi items aren't a set. They consist of gloves (easy to find), boots (less common), and a great ring (very rare). The ring won't be showing up until at least level thirtysomething, if you get one at all.

*Things like Shankar's Fur [sic]** Coat or the two pair of dual-wield weapons of Draaien and Sven.
**Casters like Shankar can't wear leather, and furs are leather.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Expert

Thanks for the replies, all!

I will have to stick with a character into the 30s, then, to find the ring.

I'm finding the unique/artifact items more interesting and valuable than the light-blue stuff. My criticism of set items is that, while it's nice in a way that the items are of varying levels so that one character has time to find them, that makes the complete set less practical later on, especially the weapons. I think all set weapons should be ego, to have a chance of retaining their edge. Mudbeard's Hammer is pretty weak by the time you get most of the other pieces, for example.

I do like putting Tover's vest and pants on my Warmaster or whoever, for the glowing effect and the (potential) defense bonus. It's like a dress-up doll minigame.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Expert

I have found a few Yuxi rings of different prefix'. They ain't hard to come by.